03 | Noel

...

"Fuck the past"

...

Willow's POV

Willow's POV

I'm woken up at 6am, over an hour earlier than i need to be up, by the ringing of the old house phone that mom kept from the old apartment. She claims it has sentimental value whereas i hate it and think it's too loud and annoying, but she refuses to get rid of it.

"Answer the phone." Wes groans into his pillow.

I roll my eyes and get up to answer the phone knowing it's too early to argue. I also don't want it to wake up Skyla. "Hello?" I say quietly answering the phone hoping to not wake Cameron who is asleep on the couch.

"Hi, Willow?"

I furrow my eyebrows. "Who's this?" I ask as i pick up the whole phone and walk towards the kitchen, almost tripping over the cord in the process.

"It's Noel... your brother."

I roll my eyes at his answer and mumble an 'oh' in response.

"I'm sorry, did i wake you?" He asks.

"Obviously. It's 6am." I answer.

"Right, sorry." He says. "I just wanted to catch you before you left for school."

I roll my eyes. "What do you want?"

He clears his throat. "I just wanted to check in-"

"Why?" I ask harshly.

"Because I'm your brother and i want to make sure you guys are doing ok." He speaks cautiously.

"Well you're a few years too late for that." I say a little too loudly. "If we wanted you to know how we were doing we would have called with an update or something but we didn't, also if you really cared you wouldn't have waited 8 years to call."

Noel sighs. "Willow, I'm sorry."

"Yeah, sure, whatever." I shake my head slightly. "Just stop apologizing and tell me the real reason you called so i can get back to sleep."

"I, uh, where's mom?"

"She's busy. Is that all?"

"Uhm i just wanted to talk about visiting sometime."

"No thanks, bye now." I decline quickly and hang up the phone.

"Willow?" Cameron asks.

I jump slightly. "Shit, i forgot you were here." I chuckle.