Chapter 23

Mary rang the doorbell. A lady opened the door.
“Goodday miss! Please is this the Lane family home?” Mary asked. The lady simply nodded.
“I'm Mary Tisdale, Dianne's therapist”
The lady's expression changed, to that of concern maybe.
“Come in” she said. She gestured for Dianne to sit as she brought a tray of biscuits.
“Thankyou” Mary said.
“You know Dianne?"the lady asked again.
“Yes. I'm simply here to find answers, so I can know how best to help her”

“Dianne. Sweet girl. She wasn't meant to suffer the way she did. She never chose this life”
“Please can you explain this to me” Mary says.
“I came visiting. Once. But then I stopped. I had to. She wouldn't have wanted me to see her like that, nor her mother. Everything that happened wasn't her fault”

  “Speaking of everything, there are somethings that need answers, starting from why her sister was cropped out of the picture. The neighborhood reports don't even have details about her. I never even knew Dianne had a sister till she mentioned it during one of our sessions”

“Look, Mary right? It's not in my place to discuss anything regarding Candace. Whatever information you need should be gotten from her mom. I'm just a friend. My name is Blythe.

Mary simply nodded and smiled briefly.
“You're right. I'm sorry. I just needed to go through somethings I didn't understand.
  “She died.”
“What?”
“Candace. She died. That's why she was left out of the picture. The grief was so much for Gwen that she totally assumed Dianne was her only child.. and now she's gone too” Blythe explained.

“Gwen. Is that Miss Lane? The conversation was going on smoothly, at least. And for some reason, the Lane family intrigued her.
Blythe nodded. “Gwen had gone through so much in life. All she wanted.. all she craved was peace but somethings just weren't meant to last.

“Was that why she never visited Dianne?”
“Yes. Her doctor personally gave her a restraining order against seeing her. It would just trigger past memories”

“I heard what she did to her father, please can you please explain why she did that.” Blythe took a deep breath. She was hesitant to this particular question.

“She stabbed him multiple times. Claimed he abused her.” Mary continued.
“No. Jacob was a lot of things but he would never stop that low. What happened that day was a mistake, beyond anyone's control.
That very evening, Gwen came with the girls to his home, met him with another woman. The divorce papers weren't finalized yet. It was a sore sight for them, so things happened and Candace died”

Mary stayed silent. She concluded within her that Dianne only hallucinated to have seen her sister. Another pointer that she hadn't been taking her meds.”

“Are you done with your questions?” Blythe jolted her from her thoughts.
“Where's Miss Lane? Can I see her?”
“I told you already. She can't see you” she was already pissed off by Mary asking her the same thing she dreaded. She went to the door and opened it, indicating Mary's time was up. Mary stood up.
“Thankyou so much for your time” Mary added. Blythe could only nod. The nod meaning never to see you again. Hopefully.
  She was about to leave when she hesitated.
“You are the only one who knows Miss Lane best that's why she let you into her house. You must also not like Mr Lane. Can you tell me your side of the story, considering you'd enjoy talking about him.

Blythe looked at her for a while. She was considering it.
Times up. She was done with thinking.
She closed the door back.