Chapter 13

~Dianne~

“Here!” My therapist said as we were seated. Over the past couple of sessions, we seemed to have developed a certain kind of  trust in each other. She started by revealing she lost her husband and kids in an accident and I also let her in on what my dad did to me and how I was brought here.

“Thankyou” I muttered as I took a bite of the apple.

“I own a garden so... She flicked her pen.

“Do you miss them?” I started

“what?”

“Your family. Do you miss them?” she sniffed.

“Yes. Everyday. But they're in a better place i believe”

I tossed the apple core in the bin. I passed my hands on my cloth and began playing with my hair.

“Can we continue from where we left off?"

“Right!" I smacked my lips. “Well I told you my parents divorced a while ago, so I and my sister stayed with my dad. My mum wasn't really in great shape to watch us so...

“So when did he start abusing you?”

“Ten years ago”

“And how old were you?”

“Um.. seven?. She wrote. No. I mean eight. Yes I was eight.” she wrote some more.

“And after the divorce, did he seem a bit off, or odd before the abuse?”
“He did get drunk a few times but that was either when he thought we were asleep.”

“I see”

“But although I did see him with a woman a couple of times. She was pretty.”

“Was?”

“I mean then anyways.”

“And did he also touch your sister?

“No. I was eight then and I was older than her, so why would he touch her?”

Although our session she wrote everything down.

“Okay. I think that's about it for today.” she said packing up her things.
I nodded. She was about to stand up.

“My sister visited anyways. I didn't
really want to see her so she left.” The nurses re-entered the room, cuffed me and I was sent back to the room. Cuffing me was something they never forgot each time I was taken back. But what they infact did forget was leaving the back window open. If I was lucky enough, it wouldn't be closed till evening time. That being said, I had till evening time to make my escape.

____________________

Mary waited till Dianne was sent back before going to the administrative office. She felt Dianne left out little details from her session and she was just going to have a look at her file.

“Hey!" She greeted a nurse.

“Hey Doc!” the nurse called.

“Please, I would like to have a look at 293's case file. She's my patient.” she watched as the nurse made a signal for the file to be brought. She opened it and began going through it.

“I think there's a mix-up somewhere nurse. I asked for Dianne's file. "

“Thats it right there” the nurse responded.

“I don't know. But it says here she was accounted for attempted murder of her dad, and two others”

The nurse looked at the file as well before smacking the table.
“Oh. I see the problem. Sorry we forgot to update this. It's actually attempted murder of her dad and one other. The other lady was intentional and she died three weeks ago.” the nurse said.

“What?.. No.. no. From what I was told. She wounded her dad out of self defense. She was being abused.” Mary said in defense. The nurse laughed.

“Dianne Lane is one of the most cryptic patients we've had over the years, so you wouldn't know what she's capable of Doc. A year after she was brought in, we discovered she's suffering from IED. Intermittent explosive Disorder and lies were basically her everyday language. We got to know her better through her mum's friend.”

Mary looked at the file again. She found a picture in between the pages.

“That's her sister probably. We're not really certain. One time, she almost stabbed her previous therapist with a fork simply because he asked about her sister. So ever since, we stuck to handcuffs for her.”

“Speaking of her sister. She said she came yesterday?” Mary continued.

The nurses looked at each other.
“Dianne has never had any visitors. The only one who initially visited was her mum's friend, but somehow she stopped.”

“Can I take this?” Mary asked.

“You can.. Mary turned to leave.
“Doc. You have to be careful. Dianne is one of our most dangerous patients. You have to know who you're dealing with.”

“I do now.” Mary said and left.