Chapter 2

The next day was a lot tense if I say so myself. I woke up to screams down the hallway.

“Avery, do you hear that?” I asked with closed eyes. But I got no response. I immediately assumed it was she making all those sounds.

I put on my Crocs and went out to the hallway. Everyone was there including Avery. I figured it must be serious since Avery never came out.

“she's gonna kill herself”Avery said to me. I peeked in and saw it was Kourtney.

  Kourtney had been here the longest (so I was told), since she was 15. According to what I learnt, her entire family passed due to a fire she started accidentally. All she has left are scars and trauma. She always relapsed, always. There were some days she would come to the common room and laugh and talk with the girls, but she still remained the same.

And right now, what she was doing scared me the most. She stood in a corner hitting her head on the wall non-stop. The doctors all tried to keep her down, but she just went back to it. So now, we were all waiting for the chains they requested for.

“We have to help her” I panicked. At least, push her away or something.

“we can't do anything D, she's hurting and this is just her finding her escape” was all Avery could say.

“so they're just gonna stand there and watch her die?

“She'll be in a much better place”Avery sighed before leaving back to the room.

I pushed them aside and headed towards Kourtney. Somehow I managed to subdue her. At least she wasn't hitting her head on the wall, but what she did surprised me next. She maniacally took a syringe from a doctor's tray and punctured her neck. I just watched in horror.

I couldn't move for the next fifteen minutes. I just watched as she was being covered in a white polythene and put on a stretcher.

  So that was her escape huh?...

_____________★___________

Hope you enjoyed it? Leave your comments on how you want episode 3 to look like. And don't forget to vote. T for thanks..