Chapter 20

Song: When the party's over by Billie Eilish

~To all the victims of rape, we love you and respect you.

And this is me saying there's still hope to push and keep going forward.~

  If you're reading this, or know someone who's been in that situation, I want you to know that I'm sending all my love and light❤️~

               Jacob's POV

The next morning, I went straight to Adele's room. She was still in bed, not sleeping, just staring at the ceiling. She didn't even know when I walked in.
“Hey” I say tapping her gently. She diverts her attention to me.
“What happened last night?”
“I rather not talk about it” she says as she sits up.
“Whats not to talk about? I was the one picked you up when you came home drunk last night
“And thank you for that.” she cuts me off. Her friend comes in with a cup of coffee. She looks at me briefly before focusing on Adele. I don't know what she felt or even thought about me but honestly I don't give a fuck.
“Can you give us a moment” I say to her. She hesitates before leaving.
“Who's the guy you fucked around with?” I began
“I told you I don't want to talk about it.”she places the cup by her bedside.
“So you've been fucking around with a college dude and now you wanna play victim” I continue
“Who told you that? Did Mag tell you that” she raised her voice at this point.
“We figured that out.”
“Stop. Stop please and get out!” she says.

“No. I will not get out till I'm done having this conversation with you.”
Before I finish, she begins to sob.
“Why're you crying now? Is this a means to shut me up?” I was confused at this point
“I was almost raped last night” she says almost inaudibly.
She sounds serious, I don't know.. I really can't tell with this girl. It's not like she's a virgin, so that's not rape.
“By who?” I ask
“The guy I went to see last night.”
I almost laugh.
“But aren't you guys like dating?”
“Yes. He tried forcing himself on me when I told him I wasn't ready.” her son's worsen, and now I know she's serious.
“But you're not exactly a.. um virgin”
“Thats exactly what I told him and he didn't believe me. She sobs.. “but it's true”
A surge of emotions ran through me, anger, disbelief but mostly guilt. I always misjudged her maybe due to the way she acted and all, ever since mom died. So it was easy to conclude that she wasn't a virgin.
I took a deep breath.
“Look. I raised her chin so her eyes could meet mine. It was a teary mess. I gently wiped it off .
“Im really sorry for judging you. I really am. It's just, mom's death made us become what we never were and it's difficult to come out off. But I'm glad you are still a virgin. And I promise, that guy is going to fucking pay for what he tried to do to you.”
She smiled and leaned on me.
“The cops might not believe me though” she started.
“And why not?”
“For starters i was his girlfriend, coupled with how I slutty and messed up I acted, the condoms I carried. I think it's pretty easy to judge me”
“Still. I'm not giving up without a fight. In as much as we hate to bring him into our shit, I think we have to tell him”
She shook her head blatantly.
“No. We can't tell Dad” she says.
I tried to protest.
“Promise me you won't tell Dad or do anything stupid”
“Adele..”
“Promise me Jacob”
“I'm not going to tell Dad. I say in defeat.