Chapter 17

Warning: Still more matured
                     themes here;

The next day I woke up from Mom's bed lazily. It was Saturday and I was glad. My head ached as I turned to dress the sheets. Yesterday was crazy and I wanted nothing to do with that.
I went back to my room and I was shocked when I got there. New sheets, and a tidy room. Way different from how I pictured it yesterday. On the bed was a note which read,
‘I'm sorry’. I picked it up and threw it in the trash.

Today was actually our four month anniversary of meeting each other, me and the gang and Dave insisted on taking us out for a treat.
But that could wait, mum was home. Once I heard her come in, my heart went in my throat. I suddenly remembered what I did with Jacob and the feeling of guilt rushed through my skin.

“Mum” I called as I dashed out.
“My love” she said as opened her arms for a hug.
“I missed you” I say as I am warm enough.
“I missed you too” we both sat as she brought out a pack of gummy bears from her purse. I take it from her and rest on her shoulder.
“How's work?” I begin
“Each day better than the last” she says as we both sigh.
“And how has school been? How's Blythe?”
“School's been good. I'm really adjusting. Blythe's also doing well.” I say. But in actual fact, my grades flunked and I brought in a boy. If only mum knew.

“Speaking of Blythe, today is our four month anniversary of meeting each other and we'd be hanging out later today” I say while struggling with the bear.
“Im really proud of the girl you've become. And I think this would be your last school till you go off to college.” I smile as I look in her eyes.
“I really want you to quit that job you know. ” I continue.
She shakes her head and picks up her purse.
“I really need to sleep. I'm so tired” she says as I help her up the stairs and go back to my room.

                    Jacob's POV

When I get to my father's house, I take in the scenery and curse bitterly. I didn't care who heard me at this point. My life was already fucked as it is.

What father doesn't inform his children that he's getting married months after he lost his supposed ‘love of his life’. This is why I don't want anything to do with him. Look what he's reduced his family to. He pushed his daughter into becoming a bitchy whore and his son fuck's up a blossoming relationship with a decent girl.

Fuck this.

My head is pounding and my throat is dry. Goddammit! Gwen was so mad yesterday.

“This would always be a mistake” I repeat her words as I take his porch stairs in two long strides. I really didn't mean whatever she thought I meant. But it was too late now. I should have just gone after her yesterday.

I go over to the cabinet which was always stacked with drinks and bring a bottle out. I twist the top off, ruining the perfect seal as I drowned myself in thoughts. I savor the taste of smooth liquor before taking few rough gulps.

Half of the bottle is gone now, my head is spinning and I think I should finish the entire thing. There was really nothing left to lose. I slump to the floor, bottle in hand as I take in the last few drops when my bitchy sister walks in. She scoffs, cursing from behind me. I could hear her stillettos clinking on the marble floor.

“Did you drink the whole bottle?” she asked her eyes wide as she stated at the bottle swinging in my hand.
“Mind your business. I'm in no mood for your nagging” I shout.

“I wouldn't want to waste my time on you either. You're already gone as it is" she says as she goes to the fridge.
I look at her with disdain from her shoes to her cherry red lipstick. She didn't go to my school, so no one actually knew I had a sister. And I wanted it to be that way. The only decision my dad made that wasn't life threatening.

“You're just like the rest of them, cheap fuck. I wouldn't wish my worst enemy to date the likes of you. ” I curse with anger. She drops the glass cup she's holding as I watch it break to a million pieces.
“What did you say?” she turns in shock.
“You heard me Adele” I say mocking her before standing up.
“Get out!” she shouts. I laugh just to spite her.
She slaps some plates off the counter as I watch them break.
There was really nothing left to lose.

BLACK IS THE WARMEST COLORजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें