Chapter 14

I watched as the hours ticked by. It neared evening time as I paced around the room.
“You'll end up getting caught and brought back here” Avery said.
“I know. But at least I have to try. ”
It was time. I took a last glance at Avery, then the room and left quietly. I headed to the window and climbed out. It wasn't a high window so my landing was good enough. But there was one problem. The securities stationed by the gate.

This was more work than I hoped. But thankfully, they took shifts, so I just had to stay hidden till the coast was clear no matter how long it took.

__________________

Mary sat in front of her computer with a drink in hand. She still kept thinking of her client Dianne. Somehow even though the nurses were a bit right about Dianne, she still chose to believe her. She typed in Dianne Lane and waited for an answer.
“Local teenager wanted for attempted homicide” she read out loud. She scrolled down.
She  began reading comments);

She's possessed-
She's sick.She's holding a fuckin dagger.
Her own father. Poor girl must have hated life.
She even burnt down the house.
Where's her mum?-

She scrolled down some more
“She burnt down a house?” Mary exclaimed. She typed in something else. Dianne Lane family.

“Local teen attempts grandest homicide”

“Teenage girl stabs dad multiple times at the back and leg”

“Mom has no explanation for daughters behavior. She couldn't even form actual words” the caption hit her. She clicked on that.

Later on she attempted another search after so many failed attempts.
Dianne Lane's sister. Still, she found nothing. At this point she was confused. It's either Dianne lied or her family chose not to involve her sister. But she needed answers. She went through more searches and found an address of the old house Dianne lived.

___________________

The night came in quicker. Soon, the nurses would be coming to give their doses and I needed to leave. At that very moment, I watched as the securities retired back inside their posts. It was time for the switch.  I stealthily ran across and towards the fence. Then I climbed. Finally I was done. I was about to leave this fucked place after all these years. I needed a better life and I owed myself that. If only Avery would have listened and come with me. I jumped down on the ground which was far from being the hospital grounds. I was free. At last.
But where could I go and who do I go to?