Chapter 19

Jacob's POV

Three fucking weeks.

It had been three fucking weeks since I had last talked to Gwen. And that night didn't really end on a good note. It was killing me inside, believe me. I tried occupying myself with my boys, staying away from Penny to see if she'd talk to me but nothing happened.
“This was a mistake” hunted me like a plague.
I wasn't in love with Gwen. Surely I did have feelings for her but love wasn't in the picture. No. Not now, right?

  Adele came in through the back door with this girl Violet. I think that's her name, I can't remember.
“Is Dad home? ”she asks popping a gum.
I take my eyes of the screen, my console in one hand while I fill my other hand with popcorn.
“Jerk!” she says climbing up. Her guest staring at me with so much lust in her eyes. I roll my eyes and focus on the screen.
“Hi!” she says and I nod. At least I'm not rude.
“I never knew Adele had a cute brother like you” her voice a bit lighter than it was.

Before I could figure, she stood up and walked towards me. Okay. Now I was distracted.
“What're you doing?” I ask.
“Just want some popcorn” she says bending. Her whole front was pressed to my chest and I could feel her breasts rubbing on me as she scooped some popcorn. I gulped hard and tried to compose myself.
“You can have the whole bowl” I say handing it to her.
“Why?.. she giggled. We can share” she plants a quick kiss on my lips as I fidget. This girl was tempting me. But before I could react, Adele comes down. She's putting on a sequin see-through dress and silver heels. Her cherry red lipstick being the highlight of her face.

“Where you going?” I start to ask.
“you know... It doesn't matter” I sigh. She bats her eyes at me and focuses on her guest. She says something inaudible and her friend nods in unison and smiles as she leaves. It was just me and her now.
“Now let's continue where we left off..shall we” she says and I loose it. Her lips work possessively against mine. I could taste her liquor. She had been drinking. Fuck. But there was no going back.

  After a rough thirty minutes of emotionless fuck, I descend from her and leave her panting.
“This was a mistake. You know that right” I spell it out for her.
She cursed under her breath and scurried for her clothes as I put on my shorts.

“And I hate girls who drink” I spit out as she turns her back in embarrassment. She leaves me and climbs the stairs.

_______________

I'm in a deep sleep when I hear a thump coming from downstairs. At first I assume it's Dad who got drunk. But the noise dies down and I begin to think otherwise coupled with the shrill voice I hear of Adele's guest. I stand up to go see for myself.

When I get down, I meet the guest clutching to an unconscious Adele. I almost panic.

“What happened to her?” I ask as I take her in my arms.
“I.. I dunno. I heard a thump and I come out and meet her this way” she says. Her voice is shaky.
I move my fingers to her nostrils. I feel a puff of air and heave a sigh of relief.
“Thank goodness. I almost called 911" she says.
I search her purse and find a pack of condom. Fuck!
“Where did she tell you she was going? I ask impatiently.
“She was going to see her boyfriend.”
“Boyfriend? Adele doesn't have a boyfriend”
“No.. no she does. They just started dating.” she stutters.
“Is he a classmate of yours?” I continue.
“No. He's a college dude. I think. That's what she said”
“Fuck. She's supposed to be your friend” I yelled at the girl.
“She hasn't really told me much about the guy. But I'm sure he's in college and they met at a homecoming party”

I went through Adele's phone. Then her recents. Brad was the last person she called so I guessed he was the boyfriend. Then I went through her texts. All deleted. Smart girl.
She reeked of liquor, could be why she passed out. I picked her up and sent her to her room as her friend followed behind me clutching her purse and shoes.

By morning, it would all make sense.