Chapter 7

Jacob purposely blew some smoke in my direction. In as much as I was used to the irritable smell, I still couldn't get over it. I began to cough profusely.

I further stepped back to create a distance between us.

“Why do you smoke?” I asked.

He further dragged himself close to me.

“The real question here is why don't you?” he said back.

His fingers moved to his mouth along with the stick as he took the last drag and then throwing it on the ground, pressed his foot on it. He then took another cigarette from the packet.

“Can you stop whilst I'm here?” I suggested.

He obviously didn't listen as he opened his mouth and exhaled the smoke onto my face. Averting my face I gave up. I sighed and started to walk away. I was about five feet away when I heard him say

“Fine!”

I turned and looked at him. He wasn't holding a stick anymore. I walked back to him and tried my best to stop myself from screaming with excitement that Jacob actually listened to me. But then again, he listens to Penny, so it wasn't that big of a deal.

“Earlier you said to meet you at the locker room, but here you are so...”

“So what..” he cut me off

“So why did you want to see me?”

“Well.. he began taking little steps to me.

“I just want us to be friends”

“Friends?” I asked

“Yeah. Friends. Can't we do that?” he said as if taunting me.

“Sure” I said.

“Good”. He said as he shifted back abruptly.

I turned around and began walking as fast as I could.

“And friend... Try to be less clumsy when you're around me” he said.

“But it wasn't my fault” I said to myself.

__________________

The next day was shitty for me. I had to go to school even though I was having really bad cramps. Period pain can be really annoying, Ugh!

  It was difficult walking to school but thankfully I made it though I was a little late. After what felt like ages, the first lesson ended. The pain subsided by a little fraction but it was still there.

Sitting down in preparation for the next class, Blythe came and took a seat across from me.

“Hey Gwen!” she said.

I gave her a weary response due to the pain I was feeling.

“What's wrong?” she asked touching my forehead. That made me want to laugh but if I did, it would be areally messy situation (lol)

“I'm fine. Just woke up with shitty cramps.”

“Ugh! She groaned. Have you taken any painkillers?

“yeah" I said. She rubbed my palm gently.

Then all of a sudden, Penny along with two other girls walked towards us. Penny slipped the note in between my palms as if she was hiding from something then she left the class briskly. As soon as she was gone, Blythe opened the paper. It read;

      “Meet me in the locker room”

I immediately got the message.

“Whats up with her?” Blythe asked

“Its cos of Jacob. I answered clutching my tummy.

“Its not your fault, he couldn't keep his balls to himself”

“He didn't try to do anything with me Blythe” I said yanking the paper out of her hand.

“You sure you can go in this state?” she asked

“Relax, it's just Penny” I said making her laugh.

I stood up and dragged myself to the girls' locker room. I met her smoking.

“What a healthy relationship” sarcasm intended. She dropped the stick on the floor and stepped on it.

“What's with the message?” I asked.

She walked towards me.

“Whats with you and Jacob? ”

“Nothing” I said unmoved.

“Okay let me be more clearer. I heard he had you pressed to a locker and you guys were inches away from kissing”

“Look. The pain took control again.
“The problem here is with Jacob. You should be having this conversation with him and not me. After all, you did say he had me pressed to a locker” I said turning to leave.

“Bitch!” she called out. But I was in too much pain to react.

_________________