Chapter Seventeen

Essence's Pov Location || streets of Houston

Essence's Pov
Location || streets of Houston

"Yo Doodie " I said to the lil bad ass boy who always was fucking with somebody . And he walked up to me "wassup e " he said to me .

I gave him a backpack full of drugs "go walk this to Lil " I said and he nodded his head walking down the road .

I handled that business for my boyfriend and then I walked down the street to my parents house .

I walked through the door going upstairs showering and then heading downstairs it was around 7:30 I knew mom was setting the table .

I sat down at my seat as I admired the food . "So Essence I would like you to meet Percy from the church he plays the drums and he really good man for you " my dad said and I rolled my eyes .

"Umm I have a boyfriend " I said and my dad mugged "if your talking about that thug off the streets then you need to leave him "he fussed .

"I refuse to have my daughter deal with something like that " my mom said .

"Y'all don't even know him " I yelled and my dad through the hot mash potatoes on my face . I felt the sensation of heat but I knew if I moved my consequences would be worse .

"YOU WILL DATE PERCY" he demanded.

"May I be excused "I asked and he nodded his head. I got up as tear ran down my face . I don't want Percy I'm in love with Jahlil .

I cleaned myself up and got in my bed crying . I wish I could be saved .

****

It was school day plus it was raining . Tonight was my big date with drummer boy and I'm not to excited for it . And I still have to let Jahlil know .

"What's wrong with you " Lil asked me and I frowned .

"I have to tell you something " i told him as tears ran down my face . I didn't want to do this at all how could I tell my boyfriend I was going on a date with another man .

He looked at me before licking his lips "come on " he said and we both got up and then walked to his car getting .

"Speak " he said and as just sat there crying . I could tell he was getting aggravated. "Just fucking tell me E " he snapped .

"My parents are making me go onna date with some boy from the church " I said and he mugged me .

"That shit dead E " he said looking at me . "But my dad " I said and he sucked his teeth "fuck yo dad" he said .

He then took the time to look at my face seeing the burn mark my dad gave me . "He fucking burn you " he yelled .

"Essence you not going back in that house " he yelled .

"Jahlil there my parents " I argued.

"What type of parents do this to their child . Look at your fucking face . "He said .