5.26-5.28(extra)

Chapter Ninety-Eight – Little White Face (26 – Extra 1)

B City Security Base is the largest security base in the country. In this security base, there are even 7 million people.

Because of the large population, many people in it don't see zombies very much. Their lives are almost the same as before the end of the world—they go to work every morning, go home at night, and if they make money, they can buy something to eat and other daily necessities.

It's just that in the past, people made money and spent half of the money on food, but now, most people use most of their income to buy food.

Even so, they are still suffering from a lack of food.

Zhou Haisheng is an ordinary survivor in the B City Security Base. He is busy every day and can only earn enough food for himself and his wife.

But he is not ordinary... Who does not know, before the end of the world, he, Zhou Haisheng, is one of the top wealthy people?

Unfortunately, the end of the world came, his wealth is now gone.

At this moment, the money before the end of the world has long been useless. But he used to be the big boss, the people who manage the base will give him more food.

However, he, more or less, still got a little benefit.

He had several houses in B City before the end of the world, some of which were occupied long ago, but he also left a set for him to live. He did not have to be like those who came to B City later, because of the lack of places to live, a family can only squeeze in one room.

In addition, his years of experience in managing companies have also allowed him to find a decent job.

Ordinary people like him who are already in their fifties are mostly unable to find a job in the safe zone. They can only live with the minimum support and do not have enough food to eat. However, he has a job that can at least feed him and his wife.

His wife took a few more jobs to help people look after the children, and their family can save some contribution points.

After a day of work, Zhou Haisheng was a little tired.

His work does not require physical strength but it is very tedious and troublesome to do. The most important thing is... the world has changed suddenly and the hierarchy is disrupted. There are people who were a world away from him in the past but now they are more powerful than him, so they always come to show off their prestige in front of him.

This is also human nature, so Zhou Haisheng can still look away, but there are too many such people and it disturbs his work.

On the way home, Zhou Haisheng went to the nearby canteen where food was distributed uniformly and bought six C-class set meals.

Ordinary cafeterias only serve set meals. The set meals are divided into four types. Class A's staple food is white noodles or rice and it is accompanied by good dishes. Class B is not so good, and Class C is even worse. Generally, it is a pancake of coarse grains mixed with vegetables. As for D... D is also a pancake with coarse grain mixed with vegetables, but the grain is worse than C, and the vegetables inside are also old and bitter.

Those who are on the base receiving low income are limited to two D sets per day.

Today's C package as usual is the pancake, the pancake is not sold one by one, but according to the amount weighed. Zhou Haisheng said the amount and they weighed it for him.

Zhou Haisheng took out a thermos bucket to put the pancakes in and only then did he head home.

These six packages are food for him and his wife tonight, as well as for tomorrow morning and tomorrow noon.