4.8

Chapter Fifty-Eight – The Emperor (8)

Yan Jing Ze did many things in the palace, and Chu Ting Xiu met with many people outside the palace.

There were many in the imperial court who were not satisfied with being 'oppressed' by a military man like him. From time to time, people in the imperial court would talk about him. He wasn't really having a good time, and the soldiers who stayed with him in the capital weren't happy either.

As soon as he left the palace, he went to the barracks outside the city to meet his soldiers.

"General, when are we going to go back?" Chu Ting Xiu's adjutant asked Chu Ting Xiu.

Most of them were born and raised in the North, their families were in the North, and they were always thinking about wanting to go back.

"I'll make arrangements for you guys to go back in groups to visit family," Chu Ting Xiu thought about it.

He would have wanted them to bring their families here. But when he thought that he had become involved with the emperor and that he did not know what would happen to him in the future, he did not dare to make such a decision.

Chu Ting Xiu's subordinates knew nothing and were very happy.

The number of soldiers and horses Chu Ting Xiu retained in the capital were only a few thousand, but they were the best of the best.

He stayed in the barracks for a while before riding back home.

By the time he got back to the Chu residence, it was already afternoon.

Chu Ting Xiu stopped at the door and looked at the front door of his house, a little afraid to go in.

His grandfather was an orphan, and many years ago, the Emperor Taizu gave his grandfather a roast chicken. Then his grandfather went with Emperor Taizu to conquer the world.

During the war years, his grandfather had several women, and several children, but only his father survived, and his father only had two children, one was him and the other was his sister.

Before he found out he liked men, he felt ashamed for having let his Chu family ancestors down.

This feeling is even greater now.

He is already with His Majesty, and if this were known, he would be accused of being a sycophant for a thousand years.

If His Majesty gets tired of him one day, he won't have a good end, and his family might be implicated as well.

What's more, his sister Tinglan also likes Yan Jing Ze.

As soon as Chu Ting Xiu became entangled, he saw his sister.

Chu Tinglan didn't sleep last night, and this morning, although she rested for a while, when she heard that her brother had left the palace, she immediately got up and waited. But she didn't expect that Chu Ting Xiu would go to the barracks and come back only after half a day.

Because of the anxious waiting, Chu Tinglan couldn't restrain her anger, but when she saw Chu Ting Xiu, she still made a delicate and weak appearance: "Brother, you're finally back."

"Mm," Chu Ting Xiu responded, shame welling up in his heart again.

"Brother, I was worried when you didn't come home all-night last night." Chu Tinglan looked at Chu Ting Xiu worriedly.

To Chu Tinglan, Chu Ting Xiu, her older brother, she doesn't have a deep affection for him.

Her mother, a lady of a noble family, had a childhood sweetheart. But the late emperor decreed that her mother be given in marriage to her father whose first wife had died.