Chefe M. L. - Chapter 1

Once in eternity... (a song)

I almost singed this song aloud when I arrived at the office of a well-known digital company and the cold air was blowing. While the content production department team is introducing me to the office, my eyes and ears are not focused on the introduction, but all my attention is in the chief's room, my idol's room.

"What's your name?"

"And... I?

"Didn't you hear me?"

My mentor, her name is Yah. She looks at me in anger, but she sees That I'm still focused on the boss's office. She seems to understand that I could ask about the frosted glass room with a dim light inside.

"Did you feel cold looking at that room?... You're just an intern. I don't think it's necessary for you to get in touch with Chief M.L."

Note:

M.L.= Mohm Luang - The last title of the Thai royal family or the son of a king's great-grandson.

"Chief M.L.?"

"Yes, we call her Chief M.L., did you know that? Is she that famous?"

I nod and smile. Clear... I also knew Chief M.L. She's the reason I have to try as hard as I can to work here.

No one knows how much I tried to be like her.

"If I pass the training program, can I meet her?"

"Well, It depends. Mon is your name, right?" Yah smiles at me, revealing her wrinkled eyes that make it clear that she is older than me. "Sure, if you pass the program you'll find her, but why do you want to meet her? I don't know how would an intern talk to our boss.

"No way?"

I'm disappointed. How can I find her with her being boss here? My duty is to follow the team. I might have some other chance.

"No way."

I'm changing my smile. Yah looks at me and smiles mercifully.

"When you smile, it brightens up the atmosphere. Unlike the M.L. who never smiled, has she ever been happy in life?"

"Khun* Sam... Oh... Chief M.L." I'm trying to call you like the others to blend in here. "I saw in a magazine that she smiled."

Note: 'Khun' is a formal pronoun used before the name.

"Only when she is forced by the situation. Usually, she's never in the mood to cheer us up. She looks better in her office."

Why did I feel yah doesn't like her? To me, my heroine is so excited. All these years I've been following her closely. There's nothing about her I don't know about.

I even know she just got back from a Japanese restaurant... I'm following her on Instagram.

"You said I might have a chance... When?"

"Tonight Mr. Kirk, the owner of the company, will afford a party to celebrate that the company has hit the goal. Unfortunately it is not the annual trip to Hokkaido."

She said that like she was dreaming of a fairy tale. Looking at the current economy, I felt empathy for the entrepreneur. Just one party is enough for me.

When I'm passing through the boss's office, the door suddenly opens for someone I was hoping to see. My heart misses the beat. Now I'm looking down embarrassed like I'm afraid she recognizes me.

It's a secret love. The smell of Chanel Number 5 is spreading through the room. The little woman passed them all by. I can feel the coldness of everyone here. The tension's in the air.