The Map

Having a roughish imp from the Wrath Ring was certainly causing talk amongst the courtiers, especially the women. Apparently having a handsome newcomer to court was just what they needed to brighten their day. In all honesty, it was mildly entertaining.

"Have you been able to sniff out any leads with Lady Mayberry following you around all day?" I  asked good naturedly as I sat at my large private desk in my study. I had been going over paperwork for the last hour and had looked up to notice Striker looking bored as he stared out the window. 

Turning to face me, he replied, "It's been a bit difficult." He gave me a roughish grin, as if he was amused by all the attention. I thought for a minute, staring at the column of figures in front of me before an idea came to mind. 

Reaching into a bottom drawer, I dug under a few books until I found what I was looking for. I pulled out a worn map and held it out to him, "Here, this is a map of the hidden corridors of the castle. It's the only one in existence, so don't lose it."

Striker took the map, unrolling the parchment and peering at the markings. Then looking back at me, he replied, "Much appreciated, ma'am. I'll get on it."