"Oh no," Duncan mumbled underneath his breathe with his eyes widened, seeing a beast step out of the cave as it roared and started to attack him right away, "HURRAAGH!!"

"What am I supposed to here, dad?" Duncan asked, dodging out of the way as the beast tried to slam his hand down right on the top of him with a great amount of force that caused the ground from where he was standing earlier ago to collapse. "Do? Isn't it obvious?"

Duncan let out a yelp in pain as despite the beast being chained from its neck, it still managed to slap him away and send him flying backwards into another wall, causing him to crash into the ground. "Defend yourself, Duncan."

Duncan grunted and glared at the beast as it roared and slammed its hand down on him before he could get up. It raised its hand to slash him and Duncan quickly broke the huge collar around its neck and swiftly kicked it away before it could slash him. "This is your birthright, Duncan. An endless cycle of challenge and domination. No matter how deeply you ensconce yourself in the human world, this is what lurks at the edge of the campfire," Belloc continued to speak, observing every move Duncan makes as he watched him fight.

The beast growled in pain as it flew backwards and slammed into the wall, unable to keep itself balance due to Duncan's growing strength. "A legion of creatures so hideous, so powerful that human can't even bring themselves to believe in their existence. And each of them with no thought other than usurping my power, and soon, yours as well."

The beast blinked and shook its dizziness away, and he slowly looked up to see Duncan standing before him while holding a huge boulder in his hands, ready to hit him. "And when that happens, how will you meet their challenge, my son?"

The beast raised its hand to protect itself just as Duncan growled and lifted the boulder to strike him. But the painful attack it was expecting never came as Duncan only threw the boulder just above the beast, smashing it into smaller rock pieces. Duncan panted heavily as he watched the beast cover himself in fear while the rocks fall on him. He hated this. He hated fighting with the kaijus and creatures like these for a power that he didn't ask for.

The beast turned its attention back towards Duncan and tilted its head in confusion, not understanding why Duncan was sparing its life. "You're free," Duncan said and then, he pointed his fingers towards the open desert, "Do you understand? You're free to go."

He would rather let it go and hope that they would never cross path with each other again rather than finishing the job like his dad wanted him to. And when it continued to stare at him instead of running away, Duncan sighed and raised his voice, pointing his finger towards the desert once again, "Go! Go ahead. Get out of here!" The beast continued to stare at him for a few more seconds before it finally turned around and fled into the desert without looking back while Duncan watched him run off.

"You may live to regret that, son," Belloc commented, walking up to behind where Duncan was standing as he watched the beast made a run for it with the chance it got. "Mercy is a virtue that does not serve our kind well, Duncan. You cannot always solve these matters by letting them live after you've fought with them. They will always keep coming back for another challenge."

"Right...Whatever. Sorry to disappoint you," Duncan apologized dryly, not wanting to face his father just yet.

"I'm not disappointed at all. I saw it in your eyes. You felt it, didn't you? The desire to conquer and the thrill of dominance," Belloc inquired and Duncan clenched his teeth as he shook his head and glared at his father. "No! I am not like that! I am not...I am not like you," Duncan's voice wavered slightly as he bitterly said the last part. Frustrated when the thought of him questioning his own existence and whether if he belongs with the kaijus or the human world came back into his mind, Duncan gritted his teeth and swiftly turned his back on Belloc, refusing to show this side of him to his father who would only consider it as one of his weaknesses.