Sol System: Titan

Galactic Date 00:09:096 5028

I let my head hang low as I stood in front of the funeral pyre. I squeezed my fingers together, hearing the rustle of flowers in my hands. Looking up, I took in a long deep breath, watching as the remaining pieces of Olivia burned away, returning to the World Spirit. I let the flowers tip forward before tossing them into the flames as I watched her go.

"So long." I said. "You taught me so many things, gave me so many chances and opportunities. If I could bring you back to say goodbye for real, I would, but," I looked up into the sky past the hangar in front of us. "somehow I feel like you're happier where you are now. Maybe even back with your old crew now." I took a few steps back, feeling Cleva's hands on my shoulders. The rest of the crew, Cleva, Solvemos, even other crews, had all come and joined in for her cremation. We'd made it through the ordeal with almost no casualties but, looking at the three pyres in front of us, I understood that, in war, it would be inevitable. Cleva sighed, looking at the three, before stepping in front of me, turning to face the crews.

"Thank you, everyone, for joining in. May our friends, our brothers and sisters, find their way to peace in lives beyond." She bowed her head. "Now, while we mourn, we must also celebrate their passing as they reunite with the world, and with us as well. Please, partake in food and drink, share their stories. It is our memories of them that keep them alive." As she took steps toward me. The room became abuzz with conversation, the different people and crews beginning to mingle as they moved toward buffet tables set toward the rear of the hangar. Cleva looked down at me, placing a hand on my back to guide me.

"You wanted to talk?" I asked.

"I did. You're the hero of the Battle of Nashu, Soulless Slayer they're calling you."

"I've heard. It's been a lot of attention, honestly." I said. Cleva nodded.

"It is. Not all of it positive either. Don't let these titles get to your head. You have a lot of training left, and now a target on your back with the Soulless." She paused, looking at empty hands. "Has she appeared yet?"

"Luccia?" I summoned Isngr, feeling her energy stirring within. "She has, a few times, though it took a bit for me to connect with her again." Cleva nodded.

"Good. You'll need her for everything to come. I assume you haven't had time to translate everything from Nashu yet, have you?" She asked.

"Actually," I said, pulling out a data pad, "I sent it off to a contact of mine. They managed to get me everything I needed." Cleva tilted her head.

"A contact? Someone within the Celestials?" I shook my head.

"No. Someone outside. They can be trusted, I promise."

"Do I get to know the identity of this mysterious contact of yours, then?" She asked in a teasing tone.

"Ah, perhaps one day. They aren't too fond of many people knowing about them." I said, scrolling through the images. "However, they got us a lot of good information." I said, showing them to Cleva. "The weapon the Soulless was after wasn't there, nor is it something that can actually kill gods."