Chapter 62 // first date

A few weeks later

"So what we're actually going to do is fertilize an egg from Mrs

"So what we're actually going to do is fertilize an egg from Mrs. Smith with a sperm from Mr. Barnes and then place this fertilized egg in Mrs. Maximoff's uterus. Because of this, Mrs. Smith will be the biological mother." The doctor explains.

James takes a hold of my hand and I turn my head towards him. We share a happy, loving smile before I turn my attention back towards the doctor. No words can't explain how happy I am to become a mother.

"Are there any questions or is everything clear?" The doctor asks as he looks at Wanda, me and James.

"Is there any chance that the baby could get born with the same powers as me?" Wanda asks. I totally forgot about that.

The doctor is quiet for a moment causing me to panic. James squeezes my hand to comfort me but I will only calm down if the doctor will give us an answer.

"I don't really know to be honest. There is always a possibility that it can happen but I know too little about your powers to say things with certainty." The doctor replies honestly.

Wanda turns towards me and I'm afraid she doesn't want to do this anymore. "Are you sure you want this, A? Maybe you should-"

"I want this, Wands. I want you to be a surrogate mother and take the risk that the baby could have powers. It's maybe even safer that way." I interrupted her.

"Buck?" She asks, just to be sure that we both agree but I already know that James is in this with me for 100%.

"I want this too. Ally is right." James answers shortly while his thumb rubs slow circles over the back of my hand. Wanda nods her head while giving us a smile before turning back towards the doctor.

"The baby won't be danger because of my powers, right?" Wanda asks, a little panicked. I am so thankful that she is thinking everything through before we continue this.

"As long as you don't go on missions during the pregnancy there shouldn't be any problems." The doctor reassured us.

"Okay, let's do this." Wanda says as she stands up. Me, James and the doctor also stand up before we make our way out of the room.

1 month later

"What if it didn't work?" I ask anxiously while my leg bounces up and down repeatedly. James places his hand on my leg and his touch directly calms down.

"Just wait for the results, doll." James says while his thumb rubs slow circles on my thigh to calm me down.

"But-"

"If it didn't work we will try again until it works. It's going to be okay, A." Wanda interrupts me as she takes a hold of my hand and gives me an assuring squeeze.

I still feel anxious but I decide to shut up and wait for the results. I give Wanda a small smile while I place my free hand onto James' that is still laying on my leg.