Chapter 18 // labels or not?

Day eighteen

Tuesday

The next day Allison avoided James in every way possible

The next day Allison avoided James in every way possible. She stayed the whole day in her room overthinking everything. James stayed the whole day in the living room watching TV.

James only saw Allison if she came out of her room to take some food. By the time James found the courage to speak to Allison was she already back in her room. She didn't even eat in the kitchen, only to avoid him.

Later at night Allison decided to take a bath, so she could let go of all her thoughts and her stress. She waits for the bathtub to fill up with hot water and bubbles as she slips her clothes off, throwing them in the laundry basket.

Easing herself down into the steaming water, she could instantly feel the relief washing over her. After shutting the faucet off, Allison leaned back until she was resting against the back of the tub and closed her eyes.

Allison fell asleep and didn't know how much time had passed by by the time she woke up again and allowed her eyes to open. She was shocked when she saw James standing in the doorway.

"You are avoiding me." James says while leaning against the door.

Allison's temper flared up, already annoyed because James was filling up her personal space for the thousandth time. "Why do you care, I thought you didn't even want me here in the first place?"

"What if I changed my mind?" James says while pulling himself away from the wall and walking closer to the bath.

Allison was surprised by his words. The James she met two weeks ago would have never said that.

James watched as her anger faded a little from her orbs, her shoulders relaxing, seeming at a loss for words. Never breaking eye contact, he bent down until he sat next to the bathup, placing his hand on Allison's knee that came above the water.

"What are you doing in my bathroom, James?" She asks, annoyed.

"I came to talk to you." James explains with a faint smirk as he saw how Allison tried to get her leg away from his grip but failed.

"Just say what you want and leave then. I want to enjoy my me-time." Allison didn't even try to get out of his grip anymore, she knew it was hopeless.

"I-I.. uhm." James cleared his throat, this was hard for him to say but he wanted to fix whatever he broke between him and Allison. "Well, I wanted to apologize to you." He continues.

Allison could hear how he struggled to get these words out of his mouth, but she wanted more than just an apology from him.

"For what?" She asks without showing any emotions.

James thought it would be enough to just apologize but it wasn't. He was a little annoyed about it, but answered her anyway.

"I am sorry that I upset you yesterday, I didn't want to do that." James says honestly, not breaking eye contact for a second.

"What is it then that you want?"

"You." Flipped out of his mouth.

The anger dripped away and a smile started to form on Allison's face.

James took a deep breath, "I really like you Ally, but I don't really know how this all works. I haven't dated for years."

Allison relaxed by his words and felt relieved that James feels the same way about her as she does for him. She placed her hand on his, that was still laying on her knee.

"I know, I am sorry too." Allison says calmly.

"I am a work in progress, all because of you!" James continues, relieved that she wasn't that angry at him anymore. "Which means this.. is going to be a work in progress too."

Allison nods in agreement.

"I am sorry James, I shouldn't have reacted like that to you yesterday.. I know that you are trying your best here, which I really do appreciate." Allison says honestly with a soft voice.

"It's okay." He replies smiling.

Allison forgot after their fight that James was a broken man who still needed help being put back together. She promised she would help him even when that meant she needed to put her feelings to the side.

"I meant what I said, James. I will always be here for you even if this doesn't work out the way we want it to." Allison explains while rubbing his hand with her thumb.

James nods.

"I am not leaving here until you are better, remember?" Allison asks, smiling.

"I know, enjoy your bath Ally." James says while standing up, kissing her forehead before he walks up to the door.

"James?"

"Yes?" He turns around to meet her eyes again.

"I really like you too." She says nervous as she bit her lip.

The biggest smile forms on James face. Allison never saw this pure smile of him and she wanted to see this one everyday.

James walks back up to Allison. He bent down, grasped the side of her face gently and pressed his lips on her. The kiss was completely different from any of the other ones they had shared. This one was soft, sweet, with love given.

Allison's stomach was filled with butterflies as his lips devoured her own. Her breath didn't return to her until he broke away from her. The few seconds that their eyes held each other felt like hours.

"You can join if you want." Allison suggests as she slides forwards in the tub, making it clear he should come sit behind her.

"I don't want to interrupt your rest." James says playful as he watches Allison moving, exposing more of her naked body.

"You are my peace, James. Cmon." She says, holding her hand out for James to take.

James didn't hesitate as he heard her words and took off his clothes as fast as he could. He grabs her hand and steps into the tub behind her. He sits down and punches his back against the end of the tub. Allison followed and leaned her head against his chest.

James wrapped his arms around her body, interlocking his fingers with hers. Allison smelled away in his touch and enjoyed every second that night with James. 

Word count: 1055

Word count: 1055