Chapter 57 // tension

A few weeks later

"Do you have everything?" James asks behind me

"Do you have everything?" James asks behind me. I put the last shirt in my bag before turning his way and nodding my head. James still walks into the bathroom checking one last time I didn't forget anything.

I'm happy that I can finally leave the hospital. I lost one year of my life here and another 4 years with James after my coma. I feel like I haven't lived my life for the past 5 years but I'm relieved that James and I are back okay. We can finally make up for our lost time and I hope to never see a hospital ever again in my whole life.

I close the bag and want to throw it over my shoulder but James quickly takes it from me and throws it over his shoulder. I gave him an annoying look but he just takes my hand and interlocks our fingers before he drags me out of the door.

"I can carry my own stuff." I scoff as we reach the elevator. James clicks on the bottom before turning my way.

"You were going to throw it over your wounded shoulder, which would have been very stupid." He says straight out, making me gasp.

"I was not going to-" I try to argue but he turns my chin to my right shoulder where I wanted to throw my bag on a few minutes ago and I'm met with the bandage around it causing me to shut up.

I turn towards James with a defeated look causing him to smirk. He wants to say something else but the elevator doors open and I walk inside while I mumble a quiet "shut up."

James follows behind me and as soon the elevator doors closes I am pushed against the wall and trapped between James's arms and body. I look with innocent eyes up at his lustful eyes.

"First you call me an asshole and now you tell me to shut up. I think I need to fuck that attitude out of you, doll." He whispers in my ear before lightly biting my earlobe causing a shiver to run down my spine.

"Maybe I want you to fuck that attitude out of me, baby." I whisper in his ear before giving him a kiss behind his ear. I feel his body tense by my touch but before I can do more I hear the elevator doors open.

I take my face away from James's ear and think he would move out the way but he keeps me trapped between his body and the wall making me swallow hard. James looks with daring eyes at me causing the bratty attitude to leave my body directly.

A silence falls over us as James keeps staring deeply into my eyes. There is so much tension in the air that I'm scared it will suffocate me. James smirks as he can sense my nerves and I decide to end this torture for the both of us as I grab his shirt and smashes my lips onto his.

James directly reacts to kiss and his hands go towards my waist. I use this distraction to turn us around and break away from the kiss. "Take me home now." I demand as I step out of the elevator towards the exit.

"Demanding things will only increase your punishment." James warns as we reach the car. I roll my eyes and ignore him while I settle myself down into the passenger seat. James throws my bag into the back before settling into the driver's seat. He starts the car and finally drives away from the hospital.