Chapter 16 // surprise

18+

Day sixteen

Sunday

Allison and James slept again together in her bed

Allison and James slept again together in her bed. Since they slept in the same bed they didn't have nightmares anymore. That's probably the biggest reason why they did it, even though they know they shouldn't.

Allison wakes up and sees James already staring at her. He seriously has a stare problem, she thinks to herself.

"You know it's creepy to watch someone sleeping." Allison says half yawning.

"It is not my fault that you are always still asleep when I am already awake."

"Did you sleep well?" She asks while sitting up.

"Yes, I've never slept so good in my entire life. I don't know how you did it, but you took my nightmares away." He says smiling.

"I am amazing right?" She asks playfull.

"The best." James winks at her.

"Cmon, go take a shower so that I can call my collaborator." She says as she lightly hits James' shoulder.

"Ugh fine." He says while climbing out of her bed and leaving the bedroom.

Allison takes her phone and calls her collaborator Doctor Jones. It rings a few times before she picks up.

"Good morning Doctor Jones, how are things going there?"

"We've got a few problems here." Doctor Jones replies.

"Do you need my help?" Allison didn't want to ask that question but she has to.

"I think so, yes, it's Sofia with her eating disorder."

Fuck.

"You really can't do it alone? James is making great progress! I really can't leave him right now." Maybe it was selfish towards her other patient, but her biggest priority right now was getting James better.

"If you really can't leave I will try it on my own, but I think she will end up in the hospital." Doctor Jones admits.

Shit.

"I am sorry I really can't leave.. keep me posted okay? If it really gets out of hand I will be there." Allison felt bad for not going but she couldn't break the progress that James was making.

"I understand it and I will." Doctor Jones replies a little annoyed.

"Thank you so much Doctor Jones." Allison says before stopping the phone call. She gets out of her bed and takes a shower.

☾︎ ✵ ꧁꧂ ✵ ☽︎

James was making breakfast while Allison walked in the kitchen with a towel around her hair. James could see on her face that there was something wrong, he doubted to ask what it was but did it anyway.