Chapter 27 // recovery

18+

Day twenty six

Wednesday

"How long do I need to stay in the lab? This bed is really uncomfortable

"How long do I need to stay in the lab? This bed is really uncomfortable." I ask Bruce while he checks my blood pressure and heart rate.

"Well except for the bruises you seem completely fine, so you don't have to stay here anymore." Bruce answers. Thank God!

"Thank you Bruce." I say relieved.

"If your head still hurts or you are still dizzy in the next 3 days, call me." Bruce warns and I nod my head in understanding.

"We will." James says while he lifts me up in his arms in bridal style. I can walk on my own but I don't complain about being close to James, so I won't fight him.

As James walks to the doors of the lab I stop him and he gives me a confused look. "Say thank you." I whisper and he directly shakes his head. Am I really dating a child?

"James." I warn with my professional voice making it clear we won't leave this lab until I get what I want as his therapist.

James sighs before he turns around. "Thank you Bruce for taking care of my girl."

My girl...I can get used to that.

"Make sure she eats enough for her healing process." Bruce replies back and James nods before carrying me back to our place.

I open the door as we reach our place. James walks us inside and closes the door with his foot. He walks to the kitchen and places me down on the table.

"What are you doing?" I ask confused while I try to jump off the table but James grabs my waist to stop me. What game is he playing?

"Stay." He demands before he walks off to the bathroom and I stay seated on the table, waiting for him to come back with whatever he needs from the bathroom.

Eventhough James has been sleeping with me in the lab, taking care of me and not leaving my side for a second he still feels distant. I don't know how he feels about what happened and it's driving me insane. I don't want him to blame himself and push me away to keep me safe.

"Let's clean your wounds." James says as he returns from the bathroom with a first aid kit. I know the healing process of some scars will take forever from how deep they are and they hurt like hell.

"Can you help me with my sweater?" I ask and he nods, helping to take it over my head. He takes the bandages from my forearms and studies the cuts closely.

"The cut on the left is healing well but I need to keep an eye on the right one because it is pretty deep and we need to make sure it doesn't get infected." James informs me while he pours alcohol on a towel and dips it on my left cut making me whine out in pain.