Chapter 53 // painful truth

I hear the door of the room unlock again but my body already has too much blood loss to lift my head up, and I can barely keep my eyes open

I hear the door of the room unlock again but my body already has too much blood loss to lift my head up, and I can barely keep my eyes open. I can't even say if it is already night or still morning, all I know is that I am really close to passing out.

"I am here with your dinner, love." I hear Ethan say after I hear him lock the door again. I want to answer him but my throat feels dry. I wet my lips with my tongue as I try to lift my head.

"I-I..y-you.." I cough before I try to speak again but my voice always disappears. I watch how Ethan is carrying a chair in one hand and in the other a plate full of mashed potatoes and some meat.

"I brought you some water for your throat. It seems like I choked a little too much." Ethan jokes while he places the chair in front of me and sits down. He takes the bottle of water from under his arm and opens it.

"Open up." He demands as he brings the bottle towards my mouth. In a normal situation I would ignore his demands but I haven't drunk or eaten anything in 24 hours.

I drink as much as I can, almost choking on the water, before Ethan takes the bottle away from me. I cough a few times before I throw my head backwards and a dangerous laugh leaves my mouth unexpectedly.

"What are you? Zemo's little pet or something?" I chuckle as I lower my head again. I am met with an annoyed look from Ethan while his right hand is in a tight fist next to him but he doesn't say anything.

"Is that who you want to be? A little toy that needs to do all the dirty work so that Zemo can go run with all the credits? You are fucking pathetic, Evans." I spit out disgust.

Ethan's hand unexpectedly hit my cheek hard causing my head to swipe to the side. I gasp loudly when I feel the stinging on my cheek. I keep my head to the side as I try to swallow my tears away, but my body is too weak to keep it in control.

"FUCK!" I hear Ethan scream before he throws the plate with food on the ground. The plate shattered into tiny pieces. A loud sob escaped my lips as one of the pieces ended up into my leg, causing the room to fall quiet.

I don't dare to move or to look up because I am afraid he will hurt me more. The only thing that is heard in the room are my heavy breaths. My body is shaking and tears roll down my cheek while Ethan stays quiet, causing me to get anxious.

I finally hear Ethan move again but I still don't look up to see what he is doing but once I hear the door unlock again my head swipes up. How much I hate him, I don't want him to leave, because the next time he will come back I will probably be passed out.

"Just fucking kill me!" I scream with the last strength I have left. Ethan stiles in the doorway but he doesn't turn around. "You already have 5 blood bags of my blood, it's enough. Just finish the fucking job!"

"Well.. like you said I am not the boss here so maybe you should ask your request to Zemo." He says before turning around, meeting my eyes. "Oh, wait he doesn't have time for you so suck it up!" He screams back.