Chapter 25 // regret

Day twenty four

Monday

"Allison has bumped her head like 3 times or more

"Allison has bumped her head like 3 times or more. She lost a lot of blood and she has a concussion for sure." Bruce explains.

"Will she be okay?" James asks with tears in his eyes.

"I think so, yes, her breathing is back to normal and her heart beating is okay. She will be out for a while but it will be okay." Bruce explains further.

"Thank you Bruce." James says relieved.

"Do you want me to take care of her bruises before I go to sleep?" Bruce asks.

"No, I'll take care of it and I'll stay the whole night with her until she wakes up." James says before he walks into the lab and sits next to Allison.

"What was that all about?" Tony asks Steve as he raises his eyebrow.

"We will explain later, let's all go to sleep. It's already 1 am." Steve replies.

Steve, Tony and Bruce take off to their bedrooms and go to sleep. James takes slowly care of every bruise on Allison's body, to make sure she doesn't get an infection and that they would heal well. When he is done he goes to sleep in the chair next to her, holding her hand.

After a few hours James wakes up by the hand of Allison that is squeezing his hand really hard, like she could break it. She was constantly moving but her eyes stayed shut. Sweat started to form on her forehead and she started mumbling words that James couldn't understand.

James tried to wake her up but without success, he wanted nothing more than to take all the pain away but he couldn't. After a few minutes she starts screaming and her eyes open, they were full of fear. She started looking around the room to see where she was but she didn't recognize it and started to panic more. Until two hands made their way to her cheeks.

Allison directly recognized the warm touch of James and relaxed. "Shh it's okay, it was just a nightmare. You are in the company, you are safe with me." James whispers as he rubs his thumb over her cheek

"No, no, no it wasn't a nightmare!" Allison screams as she shakes her head. "Hydra.. two super soldiers, they beated me, they-they were looking for you!" Allison said so many things at once that James didn't understand any of them.

Allison brings her hands to James' cheeks. "Oh my god you are okay." She says relieves as she finally makes eye contact with James.

"Ofcourse I am okay, you are the one with the concussion! You should-" Allison interrupts James by smashing her lips on his. Her breathing was still really fast so the kiss was short.

Allison breaks the kiss and hugs James. He hugs her back but then she whines in pain and James let directly go off her. "Shit I'm sorry. Did I hurt you? You should probably lay down. Do you need anything?" He asks worriedly.

"My head is hurting really bad." Allison admits as she lays back down.

"I will get you a painkiller." James says as he stands up and walks out of the room.

A few moments later he comes back with the painkiller and a glass with water. "Here." He hands it over to Allison. "Thank you." She says before taking the painkiller.

"Allison, I am so sorry about everything that happened at the party and after. I-" Allison interrupts him, "Don't do that, it's fine. I had no right to be mad at you for having fun and I have no right to be jealous of Natasha when we are not even a couple.."

"But that's just the thing Allison, I want to be yours. You are mine and only mine." James finally admits.

A big smile forms on Allison's face. She also wants to tell James how she feels about him but he keeps talking and apologizing.

"And I know I should have told you about Natasha and Steve instead of the other things I did, because that was stupid of me."

"James."

"I don't even know why I drank. I just felt normal again and didn't fear anything. And I acted like I had a normal life, but I know that I am far from that."

"James."

"I don't know what happened to you, but I promise you I won't let anyone hurt you ever again. I will protect you with my life! That's how much you mean to me Ally."

"Bucky!"

He looked her softly in the eyes. "Yeah?"

"I want to be yours too." Allison also admits.

A big smile forms on James face and he kisses Allison gently on the lips, making sure not to hurt her more than she already is.

Allison starts moving in her bed, to make place for James. She doesn't want him to sleep on a chair all night long and she knew he wouldn't leave her side.

"Allison be careful!" He warns her in a caring way.

"Cmon." She says, patting to the empty place next to her to make clear he should come lay down next to her.

"You are hurt."

"If you want me to rest, it will be in your arms or otherwise I will not sleep at all!" Allison tries to keep her eyes open as the painkiller is working.

"Okay fine, but you tell me if it hurts." James says as he lays next to her. They fall asleep in each other's arms.

I still think to rewrite this part into Allison's and James' pov, I think it better fits

I still think to rewrite this part into Allison's and James' pov, I think it better fits. Just let me know if you like it this way or not. Thank you :)