Make It Up To You ~ Steve Rogers x Reader

The school bell rang, signaling the end of the school day.

"Okay, clean up your materials and then you are good to go," Steve told the students.

"Thanks, Mr. Rogers!"

"Have a good day, Mr. Rogers!"

"I'll see you tomorrow Captain!"

Steve shook his head with a chuckle. "I've told you before, Cylis, I'm no longer Captain America."

"There can be more than one Captain America, Captain!" Cylis replied as he hurried out of the room.

Steve laughed at his student's antics as he cleaned up the art supplies. He smiled to himself as he thought about how far he had come.

The final battle with Thanos ended in Wakanda when Thor successfully went for the head. It was relieving that the job was done and that they only lost Gamora in the process. After the battle, Steve realized he was ready to pass along the shield and settle down. Luckily, it was easy to decide to settle down with you.

Steve proposed at the party Tony threw for the heroes to celebrate their win. It wasn't long after that Steve had officially passed the shield to Sam, the two of you got married, and then you were quickly pregnant. That was six years ago now. Your twins, Maggie and Jamie, were five and kindergarteners at the elementary school where Steve was an art teacher.

You worked with Pepper and Natasha at Stark Industries, helping with the outreach programs. The job kept you busier than you would like, making you thankful for Steve's job as he could take care of the twins when you couldn't. Which, lately, was all too often.

Your little family lived in a lake house next to Tony and his family. Tony and Pepper's daughter, Morgan, was the same age as your twins and went to school with them and played with them often. Your girls called Tony and Pepper, aunt and uncle, while Morgan did the same with Steve and yourself.

"Daddy!" Maggie and Jamie squealed as they rushed into Steve's classroom.

"Hey, sweethearts!" He responded, crouching down with his arms wide open. The two girls collided into their father. "How was school today?"

"So good!" Jamie responded.

"I'm so glad." Steve pulled back and looked around. "Where's Morgan?"

"Right here, Uncle Steve!" Morgan answered as she came strolling into the room. "Maggie and Jamie left me."

"Only because you were taking too long!" Maggie argued.

"I needed to help Miss Wells with fixing her chair."

Steve smirked, Morgan was too much like her father. "Well, girls, I think that we better head home."

"Can we get ice cream on the way home?" Maggie wondered.

"As long as you don't tell your mothers."

"Yay!" The girls squealed.

~~~

"I needed that shipment there yesterday," you said as you spoke into the phone and typed away at your computer. "I know you're trying your best, but I'm telling you that we're on the verge of life or death. That is a shipment of food and clean water." You sighed as you listened to the person give more excuses. You leaned on your hand as you closed your eyes and rubbed your head. "I'm telling you, that shipment needs to be there by the end of the day, tomorrow. Understand?"

Steve wiped his hands with a kitchen rag as he walked up to your office. He was worried about how much you were taking on at work and the fact that work had been keeping you from regular family time. He leaned on the door frame before carefully knocking. You glanced up at him, shooting him a brief smile before focusing back on the phone call.