A Terrible Accident Part 1 ~ Bucky Barnes x Reader

Warnings: The Winter Soldier, trauma, physical injuries, abuse (some sexual - described), angst, small amounts of fluff, sad!Bucky, sexual allusions, protective!Tony (yes, that's a warning)

Notes: This is some angsty and dark stuff. Read with care and caution. Seriously though, this is the darkest and most descriptive I've ever gotten. There will be two or three parts to this.

~~~

Pacing in the hangar, you were waiting for the quinjet to touch down. Due to seriously injuring your right leg on a mission, you had been benched until you completed physical therapy and wouldn't be seeing any missions for a while. It was absolutely killing you not being able to go on missions with your boyfriend. Bucky, on the other hand, was glad that you weren't allowed to be put in danger right now. Your health and safety was the most important thing to him, so having you stuck at the compound made him feel at peace (though he wasn't exactly happy as to the reason why you were stuck there).

Bucky and the others had been gone on a week-long mission and were going to land any minute now. You had missed Bucky dearly and just wanted him back in your arms. The hangar doors suddenly begin to open causing you to come to a halt. You winced as you moved your weight to your left leg. Biting your lip, you tried to not get too excited about Bucky being so close once again.

The quinjet landed before the ramp slowly lowered. You started bouncing on your heels as you looked for Bucky to come down the ramp. Steve exited first, a concerned look gracing his features. You quickly walked up to him.

"Steve!" She exclaimed. "What is it? What's wrong? Did something happen to Bucky?" You tried to look around him. "Is he alright?"

"Y/N," he calmly said as he placed his hands on your arms. "Bucky is... well, physically he is alright."

"Physically?"

"We found some footage and files on the Winter Soldier. I couldn't stop him from looking at them. It's been stuck in his head since then."

Footsteps were heard coming down the ramp. You and Steve looked to see Bucky coming down the ramp, dazed. He didn't even pay you a glance.

"Bucky," you tried, though received nothing in response. You sighed.

"Give him some time," Steve advised. "I'm sure he just needs to work it all out on his own."

"The thing is, he doesn't have to."

~~~

You let Bucky have his space despite just wanting to hold him close and try to take care of him. You did have FRIDAY keep you updated on his location, just in case. You were folding laundry in your room when a knock sounded.

"Come in," you told the person at the door.

Glancing back, you felt relieved when you saw Bucky enter. He looked tired but his eyes lit up when they took you in.

"Hey," you smiled at him.

"Hi," he quietly responded. He came up to you and kissed your cheek before carefully wrapping his arms around you as you continued laundry. "I'm sorry about not greeting you after the mission."

"It's alright. Steve explained the situation. I'm sorry that you had to see all those."

"Yeah..." Silence fell over the two of you for a few minutes before Bucky spoke again. "Do you want to go out tonight?" He carefully turned you around. "I really missed you and want to take you out on a date."

"I think that would be lovely." You wrapped your arms around his neck and leaned in for a brief kiss. "Are you sure you're alright though? I would be fine staying in for the night."