Invisible Pain Part 2 ~ Tony Stark x Reader

Word Count: 1,860ish

Summary: You struggle shopping for a dress.

Notes: This is based on an experience I had last week. I literally had a panic attack in the dressing room.

~~~

"Are you getting a new dress for Tony's party on Friday?" Natasha asked as you and her finished working out together.

"I don't know," you responded. "You?"

"Yeah. Want to go together later?"

"Sounds great."

It had been a few months since the team found out about your rheumatoid arthritis. They had all been extremely supportive and caring, as well as overprotective. It took you tattling to Fury to get Tony and Steve to let you train again. Not to mention Bruce's constant check ups and blood tests. Tony had even upgraded your watch to make it easier on himself and Bruce to track everything.

During the time since your illness came out, you and Tony had also become an official couple. To no one's real surprise. He was so sweet and understanding about your illness, and had truly read everything he could on the subject. You in turn were caring and understanding about his struggles with PTSD, like you had been when you were friends.

"Hey honey," Tony greeted coming into your shared room as you were trying to get undressed. "Need help?"

"Yeah," you sighed. "You mind helping me undress? I'm struggling to get my shirt off."

"Sure thing." Tony came over and began taking your shirt off. "Are your shoulders bugging you today?"

"Yeah. I tried not to use them too much in training today, but I couldn't help it."

Tony shook it head slightly and clicked his tongue in disapproval. "You need to be more careful."

"It's just my shoulders today, Tony. And I took some meds before you came it. I'll be fine."

He sighed as he finished taking your shirt off for you, pressing a kiss to your bare shoulder. "Do you need help in the shower?"

"I'll be fine, Tony."

"You sure? Cause I can be of some help."

"Maybe tonight." You leaned in and gave him a small kiss. "I have to hurry so I can meet up with Nat. We're going dress shopping for the party on Friday."

"Oh? Need help?"

"Nope."

"Will you send me a picture?"

"I'd rather not. I'm trying to see how speechless I can leave the great billionaire, playboy." You walked into the bathroom with a wink, shutting the door behind you.

~~~

"How about this one?" Natasha wondered, holding up a dress.

"Sure, why not?" You replied, adding the dress to the growing pile in your arms. With your shoulders already aching, the rest of your arms were slowly following. "I think that I'm ready to go try them on now. I don't know how much longer I'll be able to hold all these."

"Okay. I'll meet you in the fitting rooms. I'm just going to take one more look around before I start trying some on."

You nodded before heading to the fitting room. Entering one, you laid the dresses out of the bench along the wall. You locked the door before trying to undress yourself. You sucked in a breath and winced as your shoulders screamed at you to not take your shirt off. Biting down on your bottom lip, you pulled your shirt over your head anyway.