Patella Alta ~ Bucky Barnes x Reader

Word Count: 1,750ish

Request: hi! i suffer from patella alta (basically i have days where i can't walk due to the pain in my knees because i used my legs too much). could you do one w bucky where you're on a mission w him & sam but it's acting up since we've been on the move for days but bucky doesn't know (sam does coz we were friends before becoming Avengers, bucky doesnt coz u don't want him to see u differently). Sam tried to help u out to hide it but Bucky gets sus. You eventually get tired from trying to hide it from him & he is disappointed that he didn't piece the info tgthr sooner & a cute ending w the two confessing or smth hehe :') thank u it'll mean a lot :')

~~~

 "Hey," Sam greeted, knocking on your open door. "You free to talk?"

"Hey, Sam," you smiled, glancing at him while you still focused on packing. "And, yeah. Come on in." Sam stepped in, closing the door behind him. "Oh, no, you shut the door. What did I do this time?"

"How are you feeling?"

You sighed. "I'm fine, Sam."

"Really? Cause I saw you training in the gym earlier. I don't know if you should be going on the mission tonight."

"Like, I said, I'm fine. I promise I didn't over do it. I've been taking it easy the last couple of weeks knowing that this mission was coming. Today was all about warming up. You don't want me out there with you and Bucky without feeling confident, do you?"

"No," Sam walked closer, gently pulling you around to face him, "but I want you over working yourself."

"Sam, I really am fine. I've been handling my patella alta with physical therapy and medication. I wouldn't go on this mission if I didn't feel completely okay with it."

"Okay. But you need to start thinking about telling the team. They'd help you and just in case something does happen."

"I'll think about it."

Sam sighed, leaning forward to kiss your forehead. "I just worry about you."

"I know. Thank you."

"Hey! Are you guys ready?" Bucky wondered, waltzing into the room.

"Almost," you replied with a smile, quickly going back to packing your bag.

"Well, I'll meet you two at the quinjet when you're ready." Bucky smiled at you before heading out.

You pursed your lips together, trying to contain the smile that wanted to form. Sam noticed, crossing his arms over his chest as he smirked at you.

"Since cyborg is too chicken to ask you out, why don't you ask him?" Sam teased.

"Sam... it's... I can't," you responded.

"Why not?"

"Because... he doesn't like me that way."

The man beside you scoffed. "Yeah, okay, so both of you are stupid."

"Bucky's just really caring."

"Not to me."

"You push his buttons, but he does care about you."

"Not like he cares about you. You don't hear the way he worries when he notices you're struggling to walk or when you hide away because you can't."

"He worries?"

"Constantly. It used to be cute, now it's annoying because I know you both have feelings for each other."

"Maybe... Maybe, I'll do something about it after this mission."