Heart Broken ~ Bucky Barnes x Reader

Word Count: 4,450ish

Summary: After a rough mission, you find Bucky doing something that breaks your heart.

~~~

The mission had been exhausting. Steve had pulled you from Bucky's arms in the middle of the night almost a week ago, to help him and Nat with the mission. The three of you barely got any rest the whole time and were all so glad to be home.

"Plan on me skipping training for a few days," you said as the three of you entered the compound from the hanger. "I need some sleep."

"And sometime with Bucky," Nat teased, wiggling her brows.

Steve chuckled. "Of course, Y/N," he replied. "It's the least I can do since I dragged you out of bed to join the mission."

"Hey guys," Sam greeted as they entered the common area of the compound.

"Hey, Sam," you all said.

"What are you doing up?" You asked.

"Waiting for you guys. How was the mission?"

"Long," Nat responded.

"And exhausting," you added with a yawn. "I think I'm going to head to bed-"

"No!" Sam quickly said, causing everyone in the room to look at him curiously. "I-I mean... why don't I make you all some food? You must me hungry."

"I really think I'm good, Sam. Bucky always brings me breakfast in bed after a long mission like this. I'm just going to-"

Sam's hand shot out and grabbed you hand, stopping you from leaving. "Why don't we sit down then and you tell me all about the mission? I'm sure that Steve did something that made you angry at him and I want to hear all about it."

"What's going on Sam?" Nat asked, crossing her arms over her chest. "Why aren't you letting-" Then she stopped talking like something clicked. "No," she quietly gasped in surprise before a murderous look came over her features. "That bastard."

"What?" You said, looking between the two. "What's going on here?"

"Y/N, I think you should sit down," Sam said, trying to be as calm as possible.

"No." You yanked your hand out of your friend's grip and took a step back. "Tell me what's going on."

"And me," Steve added. "I'm lost here too."

"Why can't I go to my room? Is Bucky injured? Is he planning something? Why can't I-" Then it hit you, like a train coming at your heart in full force. You even took another step back. "No," you breathed out, shaking your head. "No."

"Y/N," Sam reached out for you again, "I'm-"

You ran before he could finish his sentence, needing to see for yourself. Your friends called after you, clearly following you. But you ran faster than you ever had before. You came to a halt, right outside your shared bedroom with Bucky. Head close to the door, you could hear the sounds of a couple in the throws of sex. Moaning and groaning, calling out each others names. Tears pricked your eyes as a wave of anger crashed over and you threw open the door. The light from the hall way hitting the bed, stopping the two from their actions. Bucky and the woman turned to look at who was standing in the doorway.

"Y/N?" Bucky gasped, quickly scrambling up and trying to cover himself. "Y/N, I know what this-"

"Bucky," Steve said, him, Sam, and Nat appearing behind you.

"Y/N, you have to hear me out. I-"

"She doesn't have to do anything," Nat growled, stepping protectively in front of you. "Especially when it comes to you."