Whose house? Sean's house

Start from the beginning

My heart sank at his words and, at first, I was almost certain he was just pulling my leg but there was a weight to his words that made me clear any denial I had. Sure, Sean was one of the most self assured human beings I had ever been faced with but besides that, I knew nothing about him. I didn't know his birthday, favourite food, or his backstory. Of course I wasn't personally inclined to have that kind of information but, this guy had just driven himself way out of his way to make sure I was okay and here I stood not even knowing who this person was.

I felt a tug of shame and disappointment in myself at this and swallowed, "I'm so sorry~"

"You're not sorry, Harper" Sean snapped looking me dead in the eye, "Don't tell me you're sorry that my mother is batshit crazy and is locked up in a mental institution deep in the burroughs of Dallas, Texas...You can't be sorry for something you have no control over, Harper"

I blinked what felt like a million times before nodding slowly and wrapping my arms around myself, "Well, I am sorry you ever had to deal with that"

Sean's eyes softened and he cleared his throat, as if unsure of what to say before clapping his hands, "you want a snack?"

"With all of that?" I made a face at the ingredients splayed before him and he laughed.

"Oh, no, I just took all of this out to scare you"

Tossing the bread, ham, and pickles closer to me, he began throwing everything back into the fridge and grinned, "I'm about to make you the best grilled cheese you ever did have"

"There's no cheese" I laughed as he cursed and began going through the fridge again.

He came back out with a look of defeat and sighed, "What kind of person doesn't have cheese?"

I shrugged, "You?"

Sean gave me a dramatic eye roll before grabbing his keys and looking at me, "What are you doing?"

"Breathing?" this guy was literally missing a lot of screws.

"Well that's no good" Sean snapped, "You have to change"

I furrowed my eyebrows and stared at my snot soaked shirt, "What are you talking about?"

"Harper, I just told you that I would be making you the best grilled cheese ever and then sadly realized Amanda didn't buy any cheese...This obviously means we have to go to Panera because I've lost the will to make anything and now realize how badly I want grilled cheese"

As Sean spoke, his voice became noticeably high and, despite myself, I burst into laughter, "You're such a whiny baby"

"I promise I'm not like this when I have grilled cheese" He grinned coming close to me and grabbing my hand, "Come on, Rachel's gotta have something that'll fit you"

I allowed Sean to pull me along, "I thought you said Amanda?"

Sean only shrugged, "Amanda is Rachel's personal assistant...don't ask me what she assists her for"

IT sounded like, at least to me, that Sean wasn't too fond of his soon to be step mom and I decided to keep talk of her to a minimum. I only nodded as he pulled me towards a room that had double doors and shook his head before pulling me in the opposite direction, "C'mon"

We were in a hall that was lined with rooms with doors of all different colours, "You have a red room?"

"Rachel likes to think she's more important than she actually is" Sean grumbled as we finally reached a normal white door, "Welcome to my sanctuary"

He threw it open and I was hit with the scent of fresh laundry and instantly relaxed. There was something about the idea of clean linens that always put me at ease.