Chapter 34: Nightly Duties

Levi's POV

As her punishment, when she stayed in my cabin for the night, I didn't talk to her. Despite her whispers of apology, I didn't answer her. "Levi, I'll leave for my cabin if you don't talk to me," She threatens me as she snuggles into my arms. "Listen, I'm sorry..."

"Don't do that again, Hanji," I sighed, pulling her closer. "I'm still angry at that."

"I'm sorry!" I shushed her, kissing her lips. "Okay, I'm sorry. I forgot that we're not alone this summer, huh? I'll make it up to you in whatever way I can. Levi, please..." 

"Just shut up and let me sleep. Stop squirming. I can't sleep well if I'm not holding you correctly." It was at that time I thought I saw her smiling. She stopped squirming until she fell asleep. I didn't mind that. All night long, I held her close to my heart. As much as I want to hate her for scaring me like that, I love her. I'll love her for the rest of my life...

Every night we were at this camp, we always slept with each other. The other counselors were a bit worried about a surprise happening during the summer. They didn't have to worry about a thing. We had no plans to do anything like that. Every day, after watching over the kids, we would spend time together as much as possible before retreating to my cabin. I would stay over at hers, but counselors had a bit of a worry about me going into an area where there were many girls, so Hanji came to my cabin. 

I love her... I don't know how often I'll say it until I get bored of saying it. But it will always hold. I love her, and nothing will change it. I love her. I love her.

"Hanji, I'll love you to the end of the universe to the other end," I'll whisper in her ear as she slumbered. She may never hear it, but it's a promise that I will keep. Every night, I'll whisper those words. Every night, I'll hold her close. Every night, I think about the future I want to have with her. "Hanji, don't ever leave me..."