Chapter 25: Daydreaming

Hanji's POV

"You're out of it, Hanji," Nanaba says chuckling as she hands me my syllabus for the class. "Did something happen over the summer that you're not telling me? I should be the first to know anything, and you know that, correct?"

"Nothing happened-."

"That's a lie. You may be a good liar, but I know when you lie." She chuckles, "What's going on, Hanji?"

"Nothing-."

"Liar,"  She starts spouting out how she would never stop. And she's right. Knowing her, she would never stop, so I confessed. I confessed my secret relationship with Levi that has been going on over the summer. And her reaction was something I expected: bewildered. "You what?!"

I smirked, holding my phone close to me. "It's true. I have a boyfriend now."

"Lucky." Nanaba chuckles, shaking her head as we walked to our next class. "Why did you keep this away from me?!"

"Because I was worried your blabber mouth would tell my parents on accident! Plus, I don't like the idea of you diving into my business like that every time my phone buzzed. I don't want to hear your questions about what was going on and my plans with him. I just... want to be normal and be in love with him. Can I not have that?"

Nanaba stopped walking before tilting her head, "Hanji, you should've just said that you don't want me digging and I won't."

"Knowing you, you wouldn't do what I ask."

"Yeah, you're right." We both laughed as we continued walking to our next class. "But how is he? What made you two fall in love with each other?"

"Nanaba, that story isn't short enough for the 5 minutes to get to class. I'll tell you during lunch."

*   *   *

During one of the lectures about what would happen in class, I looked out of the window, sighing softly. My eyes drifted away as I thought about Levi and how he held me close to the point where I can hear his heartbeat. I liked how he ran his fingers through my hair, pulling the tangles out because he hates how my hair gets tangled so easily.

I wish I were laying on the forest floor next to a campfire and under the starry sky. Levi would wrap his arms over my body, pulling me close for warmth. He may not have been everything I thought, but he checked all the boxes for my happiness. 

I can't wait for the day I graduate and go to college... perhaps one day, I'll live with Levi... and I would want to have that.

"Hanji!" I dropped my pencil as I heard the teacher screeching in my head. "Is there something you would like to share with the class?"

"N-No Mrs. Jenkles."

"Then pay attention to the front."

"Yes!"