Chapter 24: United

Hanji's POV

I waited at the mall for Levi. It'll be our first time meeting after camp. School starts in a week, but I wouldn't want to waste an opportunity. I was frozen in solid stone when I saw him walking by. I couldn't move anything until he looked my way and gave me a small smile to me. He made his way to me, kissing my cheek.

"Hey, Levi..."

"You look bad," he says after kissing me, "but hey, Hanji. It's nice to meet you again."

"Listen, I have a teensy... tiny question..." I whispered as I pulled out a small movie poster that I found earlier. "There's this movie... it's an action movie with a few science moments. I was thinking we should watch it. And by the looks of it, they have a romantic twist. How about it?"

Levi didn't hesitate when he nodded his head. "With the discount for working at the mall, I can get us two tickets for the price of one. It's fine. No refillable popcorn though. I can't get discounts for that."

"That's fine..." I returned a kiss on his cheek as we walked toward the movie theaters. The few hours here will go by quickly. I can't miss a single second. 

*   *   *

After the movie and walking around, peering into all the stores, and barely buying anything else, we decided to take a break outside. We grabbed some burgers from the food court and began eating them, talking about starting school again and all the tiny details. Not a mention of how we are going to continue our relationship. It was almost like it was a taboo topic. 

But sooner or later, we reached the topic of dating. If I'm honest, I was a little hesitant on bringing it up. I didn't want any of this to end.

"Would it be fine?"

Levi turns to me, tilting his head. "What would be fine?" He asks, resting his chin on my shoulder. "If it's about us, I'm fine with it."

"How will we manage?"

"As we have been over the summer. But since you know where I work, I expect you to be stalking me here whenever you have the chance."

"This place is kinda far... and I don't have my license yet. And my parents would find out if they kept driving me here. And I haven't told my best friend. I tell her everything... but nothing about you. Once she catches wind of a relationship, she'll stop at nothing to find all the details. I don't want her invading  your privacy."

"Then I'll pick you up from your-."

"My parents would become more suspicious if they see some adult man picking up and dropping me off. They would find out. I'm worried if they try to hire a private investigator to ensure I'm not getting myself into any trouble."

"You're overreacting."

"But it's possible. It's never overreacting if you're preparing for the worse, Levi."

"Then just say I'm a study buddy. I don't know. I am a college kid, Hanji, so if you tell them that I'm helping you with college, they might let me slide by. Even if I am the opposite gender of you."

I smiled, reaching for his hand as he grips it tightly. "Thanks... I'm glad to count on you, Levi..."

"You are my girlfriend." He chuckles softly, "That sounds weird to say aloud."

"Huh? Why's that?"

"Because you're the first person that I ever dated. I never thought I would ever have a chance with you. You're so beautiful and have a nice heart. Despite the flaws of judging people by its cover."

"How many times do I have to apologize?! I'm sorry, Levi. That night was not a good night for us to meet." I admitted, looking down, "I feel bad for what I said that night."

"I'm teasing you."

"You need to figure out the right tone when you tease someone," I chuckle, "Little romance advancements and your teasing tone are what you need to work on. Speaking of that, is there anything I need to work on?"

"I don't know."

"Well, maybe when we're further in our relationship, you can figure it out for me."

We spent a few minutes making out in silence, not wanting to leave. Even when it was time for me to leave, we stayed there. The way he made my heart throb and my blood running... it truly does feel like I'm in a story and Levi's my prince. To think it took this long... this long to be in this position... why did it feel like an eternity?