Yami x reader

Requested by @fanofeverything25
This is a genderbend type story! Enjoy!

If you're a boy, go with girlfriend! I'm so sorry about that! My apologies! Hope you all enjoy with part!

Yami's P.O.V
I was walking to school with my shy sister, Yugi. We're in our last year and ready to leave. I spotted Tyler (tea), Jazmine (joey), Trisha (Tristan), Ryou, Marik, Bakura and Y/n. Y/n became our friend after saving my sister from creeps and brought her home. He's been by our side, especially me since then. Tyler did ask me out but I declined because I love Y/n. "Well, look who it is. How are you two girls doing?" Y/n asked snapping me out of my trance. "We're good! Thanks Y/n!" Yugi cheered. Y/n petted her head and smiled. "Anyone flirted with you yet?" I asked, being a tease. "No. Thank goodness." He said and we laughed. "Hey Y/n-san?" We turned around and saw a girl with a red face. "Here we go again..." Y/n mumbled. "Can you please go out with me!?!" The girl yelled out. "I'm sorry but I can't return those feelings. I know I'm basically the hottest guy in school but no." Y/n said, trying to not be rude to the poor girl.

The girl looked like she was going to cry and ran off. Y/n sighed and Jazmine patted his back. "Don't worry man. You'll find someone one day." She said. "Yeah...one day. Just hope I don't break everybody's heart. Seriously. I'm tired of it." He said. The bell then rang. Yugi and Trisha jumped slightly, hearing the bell. We laughed and we went to class. Since Y/n and I are in the top class, we don't have classes with the others. I looked at Y/n. He glanced back and smiled. I blushed slightly and he grabbed my hand. Yes, we're secretly dating. No one knew besides Yugi. He kissed my hand and I giggled. "Maybe if we show everybody that I love you then girls will leave me alone." He said and looked at me. "Yeah. Maybe. When you think about it, I am annoyed about other girls flirting with you." I said to Y/n. He smiled and nodded. "Alright. We'll show everyone that we're dating. If you're uncomfortable with telling surtain people, we won't tell them." He said. I smiled and we walked into the classroom.

Our first and second classes were english and mathematics. We then had to go to home room and have a class meeting. We sat next to each other in every class and we work so well together. The teachers even put us together which is a relief. We walked to the cafeteria and met up with the others. Y/n sat down and I quickly sat down on his lap. He looked at me and sighed. "Yami? What are you doing?" Tyler asked with a bit of jealousy. "Sitting on my boyfriend's lap. Is that a problem?" I said. "Wait...you two are dating?!?" Jazmine yelled out. "Jazmine, yell louder. Let the entire universe hear you." Y/n said being sarcastic. "Who else knows?" Trisha asked. "Yugi and that's it until now." I replied with smirk. Y/n kissed my head with a smile. "I have to go." Tyler said and left. We were all confused. "What's up with him?" Ryou asked. "Have no idea." Marik said. "What's up losers!?" Bakura, Ryous older sister asked scaring Ryou in the progress.

"Nothing much. Just hanging." Yugi replied. "Finally! You two are finally together. It pained me to see you two being just friends." She said and we laughed. "We were already together since a month ago." Y/n explained. "Wow. Just wow. Anyway, Ryou mother called and said she's going to the doctors with you. Like now." Bakura said. Ryou nodded and got up. We said goodbye and the sisters left. We heard Y/n's phone ring and he picked it up. We waited but to our surprise, he was crying. He hang up the phone and I was now worried. "Babe? You alright?" I asked. "Yami....Can I stay with you tonight?" Hs asked. "Yes. Ofcourse. You're always welcomed." I replied. "Thank you..." He whispered back. I gave my boyfriend comfort and he just cried in my arms. The bell rang but Y/n wouldn't move.

The others said their goodbyes and walked away. The other students walked to their classes while I was here with Y/n. A teacher and a principal walked up to us and looked at us. "Y/n L/n? How you doing?" The principal asked. Y/n was still crying and didn't respond. "I'm sorry for your loss..." My eyes went wide and I was now more worried. "Y/n..." I whispered. "Yami? Can you take Y/n home. He needs some time to recover from the recent event." The principal asked. "Of course." I replied. "We'll sign you two out." They said and walked out. I stood up and Y/n did the same. He still held my hand and I packed his and my things up and we walked out of the school. I walked Y/n home. He was looking at the ground. The walk home was silent. I text my grandma what happened and told her I can stay with Y/n. We arrived and we walked in. We walked into his room and sat on his bed. I sat next to him and hugged him again. He started to cry again and I whispered sweet nothings to him. I layed next to him and we just stayed like that. I soon heard soft snores and I smiled softly. Kissing his head "I'm so sorry n/n" I said softly  falling asleep myself still holding Y/n in my arms and making sure he wasn't alone.

I woke up to my phone ringing. I picked up and heard Yugi's voice. "Hey Yami?! You coming home? Grandma wants to know." Yugi asked. "No. I'm here with Y/n. I'll probably be here a while so don't worry." I replied and saw Y/n's sleeping face. I smiled. "Oh, okay! Just making sure! Y/n seemed upset when the bell rang. What happened?" She asked. "I don't know but I haven't seen his family in a while so I think he lost them. The principal came up to us and said sorry for his loss." I explained. "I am so sorry! Tell him to get better for me!" Yugi says. "I will. Thanks yugi" I say. We hang up. I placed my phone on the bed and Y/n cuddled up to my chest more. "I am sorry, n/n. Hope you get better soon."