Twenty One

Vote, please?

Brooklyn's POV

It took all of my self control to step back, away from Jax. So many emotions were running through me. Anger, hurt, sadness, longing, grief, and many more.

I think I was shaking. I was drunk, which it even harder to process anything. And drink-me is, well...drunk-me. Her own person.

Jax reacher toward me, opening his mouth to say something, and I slapped him in the face. His eyes widened and we both stood there for several seconds, neither of us knowing what to do.

"Screw you." I finally said before turning on my heel and leaving. It felt like my heart was ripping in half, cliche as that sounds.

"Brooklyn. Please." He said, wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me against him.

I immediately elbowed him in the stomach to get free. "You left me once, is it really so hard to do it again?" I spat. 

"Yes. It is. Jut as hard as the first time." He whispered.

I scoffed in disbelief. "Seemed pretty easy to me. Go back to your pack and leave me in the human world where I belong. Some mere mortal clearly isn't good enough for you!"

Without letting him reply, I left again. This time, he let me go. My heart was shattered, everything in me longed to go back, my anger and hurt were rising, and I was in physical pain.

I have no idea how I managed to get back to my apartment. But I did. I laid on my bed, staring at the ceiling, the rest of the night.

The next morning, I doubt I would've gotten out of bed if it hadn't been for the relentless pounding on my front door.

"I'm too hungover for this." I muttered, moving to look out the window to see who was at the front door before I opened it.

And I was extremely grateful that I had.

Jax stood there, knocked repeatedly with his jaw clenched. I quickly went to my bedroom, locking the door behind me, and then into the bathroom connecting to the bedroom. I also locked that door.

I leaned against the bathroom door, trying to calm myself. Everything in me was urging me to open the door. But I wasn't going to.

Hopefully, Jax didn't even know I was home. If he didn't, maybe he'd eventually leave.

I couldn't hear the knocking from the bathroom, which I was thankful for. I didn't want to hear it.

"Why me?" I whispered, sinking to the floor. My legs felt like jelly, unable to hold me up.

I pressed my knees to my chest and leaned my head against the wall. 

Suddenly, I heard a loud banging noise and then multiple crashed simultaneously afterward.

I immediately leaped to my feet, backing up to the wall across from the bathroom door. Did Jax just break down my door?

This is an apartment. I rent it. My landlord is going to kill me.

My breathing increased as I looked for a way out. There wasn't one. So, instead, I turned my attention to the handicapped handle thingy. The one in the handicapped stalls in public restrooms? Yeah, I had one of those in my shower - the old renter was in a wheelchair.

And it had been poorly installed. Even better for me.

"Brooklyn." Jax said sharply through the door, and my pulse spiked. "Get out here. Now."

He didn't sound like he had much control of his wolf. I quickly started using my fingers to unscrew the screws. 

I got one undone pretty quickly, and moved to the next as Jax growled angrily. "Open this door before I break it down."

"You didn't have a problem breaking the others!" I snapped, shoving down my fear. Now was not the time.

"Brooklyn-" Jax started but I cut him off.

"So you can leave me, but I can't leave you?" I snapped. "Go away! I don't want you here! Stop using your stupid werewolf powers to break down my doors! Just go away!" 

Tears were coming out of my eyes at this point but I'd gotten the bar off. Holding it similarly to a baseball bat, I backed up against the back wall.

"Either you open this door or I break it down!" Jax yelled.

Mentally freaking out, I adjusted my grip on my weapon. "Let me live my life! You already ended...whatever we were doing! Get out of my life!" I yelled back.

"Move out of the way." Jax growled.

"Stop!" I snapped. "Geez! I'll open the dang door!"

I unlocked it and immediately jumped back, still clutching my weapon.

The door flew open and I was faced with my furious mate.

-

Been a while, hasn't it?

Well, I'm here now!

Hope you enjoyed! (Sorry it was short!)

Vote!

Comment!

Follow me!

-HKMisawesome

-