Eleven

Brooklyn's POV (her dress above)

I adjusted my hair to cover my bite mark better. I'd grown more comfortable with it, but the party we were going to would be full of humans.

I was extremely nervous about this party. Once I start drinking alcohol, it's hard to stop. Even if I stayed away from it, parties are not my favorite place to be.

Also, I can't dance. I don't know why, but I'm not good at it. I'm not coordinated, either, so that probably plays a role.

I double checked my makeup, just stalling at this point, and walked out my room. The heels were - thankfully - easy to walk in, so I wasn't too worried about stumbling.

Jax was waiting, and his eyes widened slightly when he first saw me. He looked extremely hot, with a collared white shirt with several buttons unbuttoned at the top and black pants.

Jax looked me up and down and blinked several times while I struggled to not laugh. "Ready to go?" He asked after a second, and I nodded with a small smile.

He opened the car door for me, as usual, and I thanked him, also a usual, before getting in. He also opened the door for me when we got there before I could open it myself.

I stayed close to Jax's side and he wrapped an arm around my waist, sending small shivers down me at the contact.

We walked into the large mansion, heading straight through it to the giant backyard. In the yard was a pool and a dance floor, along with a bar.

Jax and I walked over to the bar, him physically shoving through the packed crowd while I followed carefully.

He ordered a beer and I took a shot of vodka. What could go wrong?

-~-~-~-

"How are you...not drunk?" I asked, blinking rapidly and giggling as the world spun.

"I'm a werewolf, we don't get drunk." He said, smiling.

If my brain wasn't so fuzzy, I'd have realized he was probably getting me drunk on purpose, knowing that he'd be sober.

"Gosh...darn you." I said, trying to not fall over.

He chuckled and suddenly the world tilted as I fell to the side. Jax instantly steadied me and I giggled again.

"Max- I mean...Jax." I slurred, utterly wasted. "I should've...not..."

"Not what?" He asked, and I almost fell over again.

"I dunno." I said, only just realizing that my eyes were half closed. I giggled again - how long had they been like that? Silly me.

"Do you want to swim?" Jax asked, and my eyes widened excitedly after my brain processed his words.

"Yesss!" 

I laughed somewhat crazily as Jax lifted me up, caring me over to the pool.

"Don't...leave me." I slurred, and he smiled slightly.

"I won't."

I lightly touched his lips. "Mm."

And then Jax dropped me into the pool.

I yelped as the cold water surrounded me and it took me several seconds to realize I had to breath. So, I slowly moved my arms and legs to bring myself to the surface.

Jax jumped in next to me, splashing me with water as he did. I was finding it hard to stay afloat, and Jax seemed to realize that. He wrapped an arm around me, keeping me up.

"You're...so hot." I mumbled, turning so I could interlink my hands together behind his neck.

"And you're beautiful." He whispered, leaning to press his lips to my cheek.