Six

Jax's POV

"Ready?" I asked Brooklyn, who's breathing was getting quicker. She shrugged so I lifted her onto my back, loving the feel of her skin against mine.

I could hear and feel her heartbeat increasing so I figured I'd better get this over with.

In front of us was a four-story building I found. I mean, wouldn't it be perfect to stargaze on the first date?

I felt Brooklyn's arms tighten around me and started to climb the building. It wasn't hard - Brooklyn didn't way enough to hinder my movements - and I scaled up the building much faster than a human ever could, quickly finding places for my hands and feet and pulling us up.

Brooklyn had started noticeably shaking and I was starting to wonder if she had a fear of heights. It made sense, and I hated the thought of my mate being scared.

I reached the top and pulled us up before pausing to let Brooklyn get down. Now that I could see her face, she looked as terrified as her heart rate and breathing suggested.

I placed my arm around her and pulled her closer to me so her side was against mine. I didn't know if she'd want me to hug her or anything, and I didn't want to rush her into anything.

"Are you scared of heights?" I asked softly, moving a strand of her hair.

"Maybe." She said with a small laugh, and I walked with her to her middle of the building.

"I won't let you get hurt." I promised and we both sat down.

"What are we doing here?" She asked.

My train of thought left me as I looked at her. She looked stunning tonight, and the moonlight around her definitely helped. I'd never wanted to kiss someone more.

Remembering she'd asked a question, I responded, "Looking at the stars."

...and possibly kissing...

Keeping my arm around her, I leaned back slightly and pointed at a group of stars. "That's the Big Dipper."

She tilted her head slightly and nodded. 

"If you follow it's handle, you'll see the Little Dipper." I pointed it out in the sky, tracing the route to the Little Dipper.

"Have you seen these constellations before?" I asked her curiously.

"I couldn't see the stars." She said softly.

"Well, I'm glad I got to show you them." I said, smiling.

"Me too." 

The two words made me feel like my heart was exploding. For years, I've been bad tempered, never taken a day off, and quick to kill, but now? I was whipped. I'd do anything for my precious mate.

I pointed out another constellation and Brooklyn leaned against me. I tightened my arm around her and couldn't hold back the smile that spread across my face.

I'd never smiled this much in my life, and now I was smiling at the mere thought of my mate. I always genuinely laughed instead of scoffing or faking one. I was...happy.

And I'd die before any harm came to my mate. I'd give up my pack, something I've worked my entire life for, just to be with my mate.

It was getting late, and I could tell Brooklyn was getting tired.

"Why me?" Brooklyn asked, surprising me. "Why wouldn't you reject me and find someone better, prettier-"

I cut her off with a growl. She didn't think she was good enough? "There is no one better or prettier. There is no one else I would ever want. You are the only person that matters to me." 

The thought of rejecting her severely hurt me. I couldn't image a life without my mate.

Brooklyn stayed quiet, and I wasn't sure she believed me. However, I knew I'd prove it to her, whatever it takes. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

I pulled Brooklyn onto my lap with ease so she was straddling me. Her face turned bright red and I smiled slightly at how cute she looked.

Unable to resist my wolf, I leaned forward and kissed her.

I never wanted to stop the moment I started. She tasted amazing, and a growl of pleasure came from deep in my chest as our lips moved in sync.

Brooklyn let out a soft moan as I ran my tongue along her bottom lip. The sound made another growl spring from me, and she shivered in pleasure.

We both pulled back at the same time, with her extremely out of breath. While she inhaled, I pressed my lips to her neck before standing up with her legs still around me.

And what amazing legs they are, too...

She automatically connected her hands behind my neck and leaned against me so we were chest to chest. Brooklyn laid her head against me while I started to defend from the building, careful to not let her shift an inch so she wasn't frightened.

"I've got you." I whispered, feeling my mate shiver at my words while made a large smile cover my face. I loved having that reaction from her.

At the bottom of the building, I moved her to my back easily and took off at a sprint. What was a blur of color to humans was completely clear to me. 

I slowed down when we were about to reach the car, perfectly timing it so I was walking when I placed Brooklyn into my car.

On the drive home, I could tell Brooklyn wanted to ask something. I smiled slightly at her. "What is it?"

She copied my smile. "I was wondering...could I read some of the books at your library?"

I wonder how long she's been thinking about those books and wishing she could read them. "Of course. You can keep any you like."

I already knew that she wouldn't take me up on the second part.

A large grin covered her face, and it made my heart swell to see how excited she looked. She must really love reading...

I walked her to the door and gently pressed my lips to hers before she went inside, cupping his cheek. Short and sweet, but I wanted more. Too bad I knew her parents were inside, waiting, and possibly watching us. I could smell them.

"Goodnight, my sweet angel." I whispered before going back to my car. Brooklyn seemed slightly dazed for a second before she went inside, and I chuckled to myself.

Little did she know, I wasn't letting her live so close to these woods without protection. I'd have to assign a guard to watch over her, one for day and another for night, wherever she went - unless she was with me, of course.

Obviously, I wasn't going to have them spy on her or anything, but they'd make sure she was safe at all times. After finally finding my mate, I'm not letting anything happen to her.

I mind-linked my Beta the orders and drove home, unable to keep the smile off my face as I knew Brooklyn was no longer scared of me. The memory of the two kisses made my wolf whine, wanting more. 

Yeah, I do, too, buddy.

-~-~-~-

Hello!

I've been thinking about making some kind of name for my readers...

...but I have no clue what to use.

Suggestions?

Hope you enjoyed! Please VOTE! COMMENT! FOLLOW ME!

:)

-HKMisawesome

-~-~-~-