Fourteen

Brooklyn's POV

I caught Ben staring at me again. I was making food and glanced over to see him standing still and staring at me. Not even glancing at me as he walked past, just watching me.

My eyes widened when I saw him and he quickly went back to working when he realized I'd caught him.

The stares were really creeping me out. Especially when he probably thinks I have a boyfriend.

I wish I had a boyfriend, but Jax and I haven't talked about making it official. I'm too scared to bring it up, worried that he'd tell me he wasn't interested or something and then stop talking to me and hanging out...and kissing.

It's extremely likely that he has other girls. The thought shouldn't hurt as much as it did, but even the worry sent a jolt of pain into my heart. I mean, he's extremely hot. Girls throw themselves at him.

I just really hope that I'm not a toy of his. That he cares about me. 

I shouldn't be worried, but after the disastrous ending with my ex, I don't want a repeat. I don't want to be used. And Jax has showed me time and time again that he cares about me, so I definitely shouldn't be worried.

...right?

When my mom exited her bedroom, I decided to talk to her about Ben. I told her about him staring at me all the time, but she shrugged it off. "He just likes you." She told me. 

"He saw me kissing Jax. He should know that I'm taken." I pointed out, even if I wasn't technically taken. Right? 

I mean, Jax and I are super close romantically for people who aren't dating. But it would feel like cheating to me if I were to go out with another guy. Then again, I don't want to go out with another guy...and now I'm overthinking this again.

"Can you blame him? It's just a crush." My mom said. She's probably right. Even if he creeps me out and I don't like it, he's allowed to like me. Free will and all, though I really wished that he didn't.

So...how do I tell him I'm not interested without being rude and hurting him more than necessary?

"Yeah, you're right."

My mom paused dramatically. "Did you just say that I'm right? Say it again, I want to hear you say it and make it my ringtone."

I rolled my eyes. "It's not like I never admit when someone is right."

"So? Say that I'm right."

"You're dead wrong and he'll probably murder me in my sleep." I said sarcastically. "Happy?"

Mom grinned. "Yup! Happy to help."

-~-~-~-

I let put a breath and closed my book after inserting a bookmark. I couldn't focus on the book. And after reading the same paragraph over ten times I finally gave up.

Standing, I decided to go shopping. There was a nearby town that had several stores I'd been interested in checking out.

I'm not a huge shopper or anything, but I don't hate it either. 

I got in my car and drove to the first store. Nothing in there was my style, so I exited and decided to walk to the next store that was only two stores away.

I walked down the sidewalk, enjoying the crisp air as my hair blew everywhere from the wind. You know how your long hair will get stuck in your lipgloss? Yeah, I was having that problem.

Suddenly, a hand clasped over my mouth and I was roughly yanked to the side. The person shoved my front against the brick side of a building, pressing their body against me.

I tried to scream around their hand and struggling to get free when a sharp kick was delivered to the back of my leg. I winced and sank my teeth into their hand, just for them to slap the side of my head and growl.

Of course it had to be a werewolf.

The guy - I could tell it was a male by the shape of their body against mine and the sound of their growl - whispered harshly in my ear, "Shut up or I'll come after your family next!"

Unable to move, I huffed angrily but didn't try screaming again, hoping he'd tell me what he wanted and let me go.

"How do you think your little lover will take to a mate covered in scars?" He growled. "When he finds out that she begged me to kill her, to end her suffering? To hear her screaming."

Chills ran down my spine and the man whispered in my ear, "Or perhaps burn scars would be better. It'd be easy to toss you in a fire and hope you survive."

I closed my eyes as fear ran through me. I was about to die. Or at least be on the brink of death.

"Grab her." The guy holding me ordered. I felt someone grab my arms roughly while another tied a blindfold over my eyes and stuffed a gag in my mouth.

I fought and kicked at the people kidnapping me until I was roughly thrown into a vehicle and I was alone.

-~-~-~-

That went from 0 to 10 really fast 😂 

Hope you enjoyed :)

Vote if you read a single word in this chapter

Comment your thoughts (are you enjoying the story? Was the chapter good? Suggestions?)

Follow me if you're enjoying the story

-HKMisawesome

-~-~-~-