Chapter 39

Miss Davis pokes her head around the corner from the kitchen and says I thought I heard voices. Welcome home Alyiah and Ethan I just finished dinner if everyone wants to head to the dining room. Ethan runs our suitcases upstairs and the rest of us head to the dining room. Some of the other pack members start wondering downstairs from the aroma of the food. Among those that have made their way downstairs Jessica whom I haven't seen since my mating ceremony engulfs me into a bear hug. Hey girl, she says how are you? She asks after finally letting me go. I'm ok I reply shyly. There's definitely something different about you did you guys' mate ok? She asks. Oh, yeah that part was breathtaking, I reply. We did have a small mishap with the territory border stuff, but it worked out though. That sounds interesting, but how was everything else? Jessica twitched her eyebrow at me waiting for an answer. Everything was so beautiful he was so gentle and supportive and if I may add very romantic. So, are you carrying? She asked. I wasn't ready to break the news especially since I haven't even told my parents yet, so I decided to say no. No, not yet. I replied shyly. Well good luck she said then excused herself. I mingle among the crowd of pack members who are greeting Ethan and I and welcoming us home each with curiosity on if we are expecting. I bump into mom while trying to make my way to my mate and she looks at me with suspicion. Alyiah, are you ok? You don't look like yourself, she says. I look at her and could tell what she was thinking. Can we go somewhere to talk? Yeah, your father's office she replies. I send a message to Ethan through our private link, so he knows where I am. Mom and I head to my father's office weaving through the pack members like a small maze. We finally reach his office and enter the code to get inside. Alyiah, please tell me what's wrong are you ok or not? Well, that depends, I am but I'm not I reply. What does that mean? I walk over to the couch in the corner of the office and sit down. Come sit with me mom please. My mom comes over and sits down beside me. I don't understand what is wrong I've never seen you like this. I take a breath and don't bother saying a word, I stand up and pull up my babydoll shirt to expose the already prominent baby bump. My mother let's out a gasp and then adds well that would definitely do it. She walks over to me and embraces me in a hug then asks how many days are you? I don't know really we mated the day we got to the lakehouse. But that's only been a couple of weeks right? she asks. I nod my head. But, your bump is very prominent, are you sure you guys didn't... she starts then I finish do something before the ceremony? No mom we didn't we kissed but no fooling around I sware.  Alyiah, this may be due to your special wolf we need to tell your father. I know we do mom, can we just sit down later and tell everyone? We could make a pack announcement? No not yet maybe a week or two. Alyiah, I know you may be afraid and stuff maybe anxious, but there is no way you're going to hide your condition another week or two. Yeah, that's true at this rate, I replied. I already cannot fit into my clothes. I think the best thing to do would be to contact the pack doctor. Shane? I replied. But he's a guy mom. Ok, how about the midwife then? she asked. I nodded. Then we can go shopping by the looks of it I don't think this pregnancy is going to be normal by any means. I agree mom. Ok well after the appointment I guess we will know if it's one pup or more. I almost fainted at the sound of those words of the chance that there could be more than one pup inside me. She embraces me again and we head downstairs to rejoin the others. I spot my handsome mate near the foyer talking to his parents. I walk over to them and Kendra & Stephen hug me and say welcome to our family we are so blessed to have you. I thank them both and except their gracious words. I pardon myself and ask if I can borrow Ethan for a moment. Sure, no problem  they reply. I walk with Ethan to a quite corner and let him know that I told my mom about us expecting, then added the part about going to see the nurse midwife tomorrow and shopping. Ethan nodded his head then slyly asked if he could come to the appointment tomorrow. I was kinda shocked that he even asked. I tilted my head to the side and pulled him close then said of course you can I need you there with me. He smiled and pulled back a little then asked So who's telling your dad? I let out a giggle and said mom is going to tell him with us present. Ethan looked at me and nodded. It will be ok we will get through this you are his beta and now his son in law. Ethan gave me a small smile and said you do have a point there.

                                                                               THE END PART 1