Chapter 24

I look over at my mom who has put her head in her hands and is sobbing uncontrollably. I hug her and say, "Mom it's going to be alright." She looks at me and says, "I hope so." She motions me to follow her back up the passage and we pause to check the peep hole to ensure that no one sees us coming out of the secret passage. Mom says ok we are clear. We proceed out of the passage and seal it back up. We head to my room we go inside, and Miss Davis and the others have brought up all of my gifts already which are on my desk. My mom says if you want to grab your undergarments, I'll get the other stuff ready. I nod and go to my armoire and think to myself ok what do I want to wear tomorrow? I was puzzled. Just then mom calls out Alyiah, have you even packed your honeymoon bag yet? A long silence falls as she peeks from around my closet door. I guess that's a "NO". I'm sorry mom I'll get it packed tonight before I go to bed. Ok I'll hold you to that, she replies. I look through my drawers and decide on my white lace garter and matching undies to wear with the longline bra and my dress tomorrow. Mom comes out of my closet and hangs my mating ceremony dress on the upper post of my canopy bed. She then walks into the hallway and comes back with fresh linens for my bath in the morning. I lay my undergarments with the longline bra on the bench at the foot of my bed. I walk in the bathroom and mom is setting out the oils and herbs for tomorrow. Ok done, she says before turning around. Mom this is beautiful thank you. I put a robe in here too for tomorrow, she says. Ok so what are you wearing for undergarments tomorrow she asks as she walks toward the bed. Oh, the white lace that is very appropriate do you have stockings too, she asks. Yep, almost forgot those. I walk back to the armoire and pull out the white lace thigh highs I have in my drawer. What all do I need for the honeymoon? I ask. Wait don't pack that yet, let me talk to your father about a few things first, just to confirm where you and Ethan are going on your honeymoon. I'll have Miss Davis pack it after the ceremony. Are you sure? I ask. Yes, now please try to sleep. I will I promise. She turns to me and places a kiss on my forehead as She turns toward the door and exits my room leaving me alone. I change into my nightclothes and brush my hair and head to bed as my mother suggested. I try to sleep but my thoughts are all about Ethan and if he passed the tests he has to endure to marry me. Angeni tries to comfort me by reassuring me that she believes in him and in Bane her mate. Its not long before my mind is surpassed by dreams and sleep.

Morning comes all too soon as I hear the sound of bells signaling that there's a ceremony today, but this ceremony is for Ethan and I to join our lives together. Not long after the bells ring there is a knock on my door to which I reply, come in. Camille enters along with Jessica, Sarah, Melanie, and Katie. Good morning, Alyiah they all say almost in unison. Good morning, everyone, I wasn't expecting so many people. Camille responds with a small chuckle and says well I am going to help you with your bath, but Jessica is amazing with make-up, Melanie has a natural talent with doing hair, and Sarah and Katie are going to do your nails and toenails. Wow! Thank you all so much. No problem girl, but we should get started with the set up while you get your bath done. Camille motions me to the bathroom while everyone else starts bringing in small tables and chairs. Camille closes the door and starts the bath water and adds her special mix of oils and herbs as before. I keep hearing clatter in my room, but Camille keeps me focused on my bath and says ok when I leave get in and remember no shampoo or soap only the herbs and oils I put in ok. I nod and she says I'll let you soak about 20 minutes or so till we get done setting up. Camille closes the door gently. I take off my clothes and step into the warm bath. The water is very warm at first and leaves light reddened marks on my feet. I sink down into it though and my body adjusts to the temperature quickly. I dip my head down and wet my hair then submerge my self from neck down underwater. I try to relax, but all I can think about is Ethan. Did he pass his tests? Will he be waiting for me at the end of the aisle? My thoughts are everywhere.