Chapter 28

A month that's all I could think about as Ethan, and I started our new lives together and headed to our honeymoon destination at the lake house. We drove down the long drive that lead to the main road where we took a right. So, where's the lake house? I asked. Ethan turns to me and says well its in Wyoming still but a day or so away. I smile at him and say ok. Are you excited? He asks. Yes, I reply. Ethan takes my hand as we head toward the interstate then looks at me and asks are you hungry? A little, I reply then an audible grumble from my stomach gives me away. Ethan looks to me and says with a small smirk well that's a yes, I presume. I let out a sigh and say yes, I am hungry. Ethan says well let's take this exit there is an excellent diner down here. Sounds good, I reply. Ethan takes the next exit and pulls into a place called Dales Diner. I open my door and meet him at the side of the SUV, Ethan says stay close to me we are safe, but we are also in another packs territory we need to be careful then he takes my hand, and we proceed into the diner. We take a seat in a booth along the front window where we can still see our SUV. A waitress brings us menus a few minutes later and gets our drink orders. Ethan says get whatever you want ok. I nod my head, but honestly, I could eat one of everything. I was so hungry but had no idea where it was coming from because we just ate at the reception not two hours ago. Ethan looks at me and says Do you feel ok? I nod, but with some hesitancy. Ethan taps his finger on the table to get my attention and says Alyiah, I think we need to get our food to go. I look up to him and ask why. He says well we are getting a lot of stares and I can smell your heat. I gasp and apologize then ask is that why I am starving? He shakes his head gently and waves for the waitress. She walks to our table and takes our orders and Ethan adds to box them for takeout. The waitress returns a few minutes later with our food and we pay at the counter then leave quickly. We get into the SUV and lock our doors for safety and head back out to the interstate. I look at Ethan and ask aren't you hungry? I am he replies. I unwrap his sandwich and begin feeding him his food. I continue to alternate food and his drink to him until he is finished then I eat my food. Ethan looks at me and says thank you for feeding me. It's no problem I reply. A few miles later Ethan says well this is our exit. Angeni roars to life in my head and my anxiety kicks in. Ethan pulls onto a dirt road and continues driving and then says ok the drive should be just ahead. A few minutes later he turns right and follows a drive up to a two-story home with a stone and wood mixed exterior. Ethan parks and we get out of the SUV. I do a 360 turn and I cannot believe how breathtaking the view is. Ethan comes up beside me and puts his arm around my back. Do you like it? He asks. I do I reply it's beautiful. Ethan grabs our bags, and we head for the arched doorway. He sets the bags down and pulls out a key from his pocket and unlocks the door then he turns to me smiles and scoops me up bridal style and carries me over the threshold. I look around and say this place is so beautiful. Ethan sets me down and closes the door after pressing the lock button twice on the key fob to lock the SUV and alarm it. I follow Ethan as he carries our bags upstairs. I turn the corner at the top of the stairs and nestled in the far corner is a California king size bed I walk toward it and pause at the foot of the bed I reach out and hold onto the wood carved frame and take a deep breath. Ethan sets the bags down and walks over to me. I must have been in a daze because I jumped when he said my name. Alyiah, are you ok? He asked. I'm ok I reply and turn to face him and lay my head on his chest. Ethan, how do we....I manage to mumble out then pause. Ethan guides my chin up gently to look at him and asks How do we do what Alyiah, mate? Yes, I reply. I've never done anything either Alyiah, so I'm nervous also, but we will get through this together I promise. He reassures me.