Chapter 35

Morning comes all too soon as we awaken to our normal human forms. Good morning, Alyiah, Ethan good morning I reply. You ready to return to the lakehouse? Yeah, sounds good. I go to stand and as I do the soreness hits me from last nights activities. I can barely walk, Ethan notices when he looks over at me because I stumble into a wall. He decides that we should shift and let our wolves run to the lakehouse since I'm sore and the backpack with our extra clothes is a little ways away from our location. We shift and head toward the lakehouse along the way Bane communicates that he can pick up more rogue scent plus other wolves and we need to be careful we stop and grab the backpack and continue our way to the lakehouse. We make it to the lakehouse without any confrontation from other wolves that are clearly aware of our presence. We transform into our human form and Ethan picks me up and carries me into the house. He stops to lock the door and pull the shades. He carries me upstairs and lays me on the bed and covers me with a throw blanket. Rest here for a little while. I'll go make some food for you and run you a warm bath ok. I nod and he goes downstairs. Angeni are you awake? I ask. Yep, sure am she replies. So how was your night with Bane? Well, we talked, hunted, marked each other, and mated. Is that all your going to say? I reply. Well, I'm not sharing all the details, however I do think spring will bring some gifts, she says. Gifts? I reply then add so are we carrying.... I pause and she finishes my question with pups. Yes, sorry I'm a little shocked this is happening so fast, I reply. You do want a family, right? Angeni asks. Well yes of course I do, but what if I'm not a good mother because I'm young. You mean like what if you do something wrong? Angeni replies. Yeah, kind of. I reply. I will be here with you and help guide you, Alyiah. Should we tell Ethan? No, not yet let's wait a little while to make sure things go ok, she replies. Does Bane know? Yes, he's been doing circles in Ethan's head all day but has promised not to tell Ethan. He told Ethan that he is just excited about our night together, so he doesn't get suspicious. Alyiah, you don't have to worry I'll help you through this, ok? Ok sounds good, I reply. About that time Ethan returns with breakfast for both of us. He places a tray table over my lap and sets down a plate of scrambled eggs, sausage, toast, orange juice and coffee. I look up to him in surprise. He looks to me and says is this, ok? Yes, absolutely everything looks delicious, I reply. Ethan moves to the other side of the bed and sets up his breakfast also. I go to the coffee first and I lift it to my nose where hints of hazelnut hit my nose, I take a sip not noticing that Ethan is watching me as I close my eyes and take in the taste and smoothness of the coffee. I open my eyes and says this coffee was amazing. Thanks, it's my mom's recipe but I love it too. I take a few more sips and then go for the eggs and holy cow they melt in my mouth as does the sausage. Ethan, this food is amazing. Thank you, he replies Bane kept telling me what to add or not add. How did he know? Wait nevermind he must be communicating with Angeni. That's ok though at least I know now, right? Ethan chuckles and says yeah then adds what do you want to do today? I thought for a minute and replied well we have almost three weeks until we need to be back. That's true he replied. Do you feel like a picnic later and maybe some training? He asks. Yeah, that sounds great I said wide eyed. We finish up breakfast and go downstairs to take the plates down and start to prepare food for the picnic. I lean over to load the dishwasher and then notice out of the corner of my eye a wolf on the deck. I back against the counter slowly as the wolf starts sniffing around the door and then his ears perk up. Hey babe where do these... Ethan starts before noticing that I'm scared out of my wits and backed against the counter. Ethan motions me to come to him and I do so quietly. How long has that wolf been out there? Did it see you? He asks. No, I don't think so and I don't know if it saw me I was just loading the dishwasher and seen it out of the corner of my eye. Ethan circles around into the front room and goes close to the deck door to try and scent the wolf. Well, he might be a rogue and he's not from our pack. We both watch as the wolf sniffs around the grounds more and then down by the lake where we first mated. Ethan looks to me and says I'm going to mind link your father something is up. Ethan and I move slowly to the basement and head downstairs locking the door. Ethan mind links my father and tells him everything from the rogue I killed in the cave to the numerous wolf scents we picked up on our way back to the lakehouse to this wolf lurking around the lakehouse. Ethan starts growling during the mind link to my father. Yep, sure was telling the truth about the reason he blocked out my father when he went to find answers, I thought to myself. Ethan's eyes finally returned to normal as he severed the mind link and stated that my father was going to contact the pack here and see if they have wolves in the area or any tracking us. Alyiah, I'm sorry this is happening he said with saddened eyes. It's not your fault I said. I know but this is our bonding time together. I wanted to make the most of it. I embrace him and say we are making the most of it. Look at everything we have done we've mated, marked each other in both forms, cuddled, and comforted each other and now you're protecting us. Angeni nudges me. I connect with her, and she says I want to tell him ok. I think it will help him. I don't know if that's a good idea, I reply to her. Alyiah, it will help you need to trust me. I can have Bane tell him we smell different or something. Ok, let's do it, I reply. Ok, I will let Bane know, Angeni says. Hey Bane, Alyiah thinks we should tell Ethan about us expecting. Do you think that's a good idea right now? He replies. Well, she thinks it will help with his anxiety about our current situation. Ok, let's get on it, Bane says as he closes our link. A few minutes later Ethan was pacing and then he freezes in place. Angeni perks up and says Bane is telling him now. I see that I say back to her. I watch my mate nervously and it's like he is having a conversation with himself. It is so weird to watch and then on top of that there are a few growls, some no's and yes's followed by no I haven't and a couple yes I have's. I can only guess that it was a very extended conversation between him and Bane. Ethan comes over to me a couple minutes later and kneels down in front of me. Is everything ok? I asked. He replies with a maybe then adds well Bane just communicated with me that you smell different to him. Hmmm... that's weird why would I smell different? I knew already but kept a straight face. Are you ok? Ethan asks? Yes, I feel fine actually. Ethan looks at me and then leans forward and sticks his head right up near my entrance and inhales deeply. He looks up and says yep your scent is definitely different. What would cause that? I ask. I knew already but I wanted to hear him say it. I wanted it to come from his sweet lips the ones I can't get enough of that I was carrying pups his pups.