Chapter 33

I startle awake when Ethan communicates to me that he's on my tail. I respond with a low growl as my heat starts up again pulsing through my body and every part of my soul. Before long I hear leaves crunching outside the cave, I scrunch up scenting another wolf and I know it's not Ethan yet. I quiet my breathing because I don't want to draw attention to my hiding spot and then I communicate to Ethan with urgency that I've be found. He reassures me that he is almost here because my scent is strong. I don't want to take any chances though and I ready myself and let out a warning growl. I peer around the corner from my hiding spot, and I see it red eyes which means this is a rogue and he has no guidelines to follow. I call out to Ethan and say ROGUE! I gulp heavy as I swallow any hope of making it out of here without a fight, let alone my life. My vision starts to blur as Angeni comes out of our hiding spot and takes a fighting stance. Angeni what are you doing I ask but it's too late she lunges at the rogue and slashes down his side with her claws, then she runs full force at the rogue and in one move rips out the rogue's throat. The rogues body falls lifeless to the ground. About that time Ethan finds us and walks toward me. Didn't need my help after all huh? He communicates. Sorry, but Angeni took over, I reply. He looks at me and tilts his head wow went for the throat huh. Reminder to myself not to piss you off. A chuckle leaves his lips but then reminds me that he found me. He comes closer to me and nuzzles his snout into my neck and communicates let's get you cleaned up. I communicate back that there is a water hole in here and I led him to the water hole. We get to the water hole and Ethan nudges me to look at my reflection. I look down and I'm covered in blood snout, paws, even my ears. Damn Angeni you're a little messy. Angeni lets out a small growl. Bane looks at me and then backs up a few feet and runs and jumps into the water hole. I of course follow suit and do the same thing. I make sure to rinse off the blood from my coat well before it starts to dry and then I get out because the water is a little chilly. Bane jumps out as well and we shake the excess water from our coats. Ethan comes through our link and asks if we should explore a little further back considering we will probably spend the night here. I agree that we should but first we conceal ourselves a little more. 

********AUTHOR NOTE********

I WILL BE PUBLISHING MORE FREQUENTLY NOW. THANK YOU FOR ALL OF YOUR SUPPORT.