Chapter 37

We hold each other and before I know it Ethan's phone starts buzzing indicating it's time to wake up. I look up at Ethan and his stormy steal grey eyes are watching me. Good morning, he says as he places a kiss on my forehead. Good morning, I reply in a half-asleep tone. How long have you been up? I ask. Well, technically since 11pm, he replies. I didn't hit me until I moved to my side on the bed, and I shake my head and Angeni nudges me and says ummm ... I'm no genius but didn't you guys go to bed at 11pm. I think so I don't remember. I turn to Ethan who is putting his shoes on and ask did you stay up all night? Well, technically, it was only five hours he says with a smirk. Are you going to be ok driving home? I ask. I'm not driving home you are. He replies. Me, drive home? Yes, you're driving I need to stay alert until we get to our territory. Ok, sounds like a plan I reply. Ready? He asks. As ready as I'll ever be. Ethan grabs the heavier suitcase as I grab the smaller one and the backpack. He unbolts the door to the saferoom, and we head upstairs. At the top of the stairs, he gets pulled into a mind-link and starts growling I hold onto the banister and to him as well because he is wobbling. After a few minutes he returns and says your father is coming to help us get out of here safely, he says. Why? I ask. Because supposedly when we were in our wolf forms, we were not paying attention and we crossed into another packs territory from the one we had permission to be in. So, is that why these wolves are here? I ask. Yes, we broke the territory guidelines, he replies. How serious is that? I ask. Ethan's eyes move to mine, and I could tell from his facial expression that it was very serious. Ethan, what is the punishment for breaking the territory guidelines? Well, if you're caught imprisonment, slavery, or even death, he replies. That's why your father is coming to help us get out of here. He's almost here let's head upstairs and stay away from the windows. We get upstairs and put the bags by the door a few minutes late we hear the sound of two vehicles outside. We head to the door and my father is communicating to the other alpha whose territory we accidently went into, and everything seems fine until Alpha Jacob shows up from this territory and then all hell breaks loose. My father dodges a wolf jumping at him which lands in the pack from the territory we went into by accident. My father transforms and then Ethan bolts out the door and transforms mid air and takes his place by my father's side. Loud growls come from my father's chest as well as Ethan's as they back the pack whose land we stumbled into. I back away from the door toward the kitchen sink. I get up on my tip toes so I can watch the feud when I hear a snarl and then a thud against the deck sliding doors. I turn to see a grey wolf at the door with his teeth bared and its mouth drawn up into a snarl. He rams his head against the glass, and it cracks. I back away slowly toward the front door it rams it again and it breaks then it walks backwards a few steps, and it jumps through the window. My heart is pounding as I try to scream but nothing comes out. Angeni begs to come forward to protect us. Don't push me away Alyiah, I can take him. I let go and Angeni easily takes over and lets out a warning growl. The wolf licks it's mouth like he has no care in the world. Angeni lets out another growl and then mind-links Bane that we are in trouble as the intruding wolf lunges in our direction. Angeni is quick to move, and the wolf hits the wall by the front door. Angeni runs into the living room and through the passage that leads into the kitchen the intruding wolf turns around and snarls loudly. Angeni manages to get into the pantry and shuts the door. Bane we need you please we are trapped in the pantry. Bane bolts to the deck area and jumps through the broken glass door. Bane lunges at the intruding wolf and pins him easily. Are you ok in there? He asks. Yeah, I think so. You should go around front with your father, Bane says. But are they not arguing? I ask. No, your father transformed to help but it wasn't necessary. The other two packs had some disagreement but it's getting resolved.