19

THIRD'S POV

Jimin flew to the mountain just before sunrise to meet with Dun and let him know the status of his mating, Dun was aware of his situation and it was required that he keep him in the loop.

He met Dun in his office on the main floor of the Gatehouse.

"Are you busy, Dun?"

"May I come in?" He asked while standing at the entrance.

The door was open so it would seem Dun was not opposed to having company.

He looked up and smiled.

"Not too busy, please come on in and tell me how soon I will be meeting your new mate."

Dun gestured to the chair situated off to the left side of his desk, which he was seated behind.

Jimin sat down and gave him a brief update and included the shitheads that had tried to set the motel on fire.

"I'm glad your mate is returning to B-city today, It will be easier to guard and protect him here."

Dun leaned forward with his arms on his desk. "What his father tried to do was very serious and will probably not be the last attempt he makes."

"Men like him are small, petty and vicious."

"Min is looking into keeping him busy with business and personal problems." He told him and Dun nodded, quite aware of how Yoongi dealt with difficult people and problems like Jeon Jiwoo.

"Good, Min will keep him otherwise occupied, I'm sure."

"But there may be a bigger problem you need to solve."

Dun stretched and leaned back in his chair and stared a Jimin for a few moments.

"How long are you willing to have this threat in your mate's life?" Dun asked and he understood.

"I need to connect with Jungkook and get a read on his relationship with his father but if he proves to be a genuine danger to the health and welfare of my mate, then I will take care of the problem."

Jimin would do whatever was necessary to keep his mate safe and that included eliminating Jeon Jiwoo.

Mates were precious, sacred and rare and he would not risk Jungkook for anyone or anything.

Dun nodded approvingly. "If you need anything, let me know."

"We are here to help."

"Thanks, just wish me luck that things go smoothly."

"I wish you luck but as you know smooth has never been our course." Dun laughed.

"True but I'm hoping to overwhelm him with my considerable charm." He retorted.

"I'm sorry to tell you this but charm has never been your strong point, hot-headed, short-fused, irritating and obtuse but very little charm as far as my experience."

"Don't be mean, I'm vulnerable right now." Jimin chuckled.

"Vulnerable, my ass."

"Now go watch over your mate and keep me posted."

Jimin grabbed a few things from his room and was quickly on his way back down the mountain.

Jungkook would be arriving home soon and Jimin had to come up with an acceptable reason to knock on his door after leaving him last Friday.

He would create a reason becos it had been too long since he'd held his mate in his arms and enjoyed the pleasures only possible with your true and Fated match.

Keeping watch over him last night was fulfilling and gave his dragon a sense of providing for their mate.

It was nearly a week since he had held Jungkook close and had thought his future was set.

He had been too cocky and sure of himself to pay attention to the details.

He would not make that mistake ever again.

Jungkook was his destiny and their lives were meant to be entwined.

He just had to explain his disappearance last Friday, tell him about the world of the supernatural, explain mates and persuade him to agree to bond with a dragon shifter.

His plate was full but Fate always found a way.

Jimin was counting on her to soften Jungkook's heart towards him and open his mind to fantastical possibilities.

Piece of cake.

___________________________________