18

THIRD'S POV

Jungkook woke to the constant buzzing of his cell phone.

He sat up and swung his legs over the side of the bed, running his fingers roughly through his hair.

The sickness was still on him but less than the last few days.

Maybe he was finally getting over whatever it was, His attention was brought back to his phone when it started buzzing again.

"Yeah, what's up?" He answered when he saw it was Joss calling.

"Are you okay?" Joss sounded anxious.

"Yeah I'm fine, Why?"

"I heard that Jiwoo sent some guys over to your motel last night to give you trouble." Joss explained his worry.

"No one has bothered me." He told him.

"I went to bed late but slept well and I noticed nothing out of the ordinary." He stood and looked out the front window.

Nothing there and then went to the smaller back window.

He saw what looked like burn marks on the ground and the little bit of grass there was singed.

He also noticed a broken bottle that appeared to be scorched.

But still, it didn't mean anything.

"Everything looks normal here."

"I don't see anything indicating trouble."

"Stay alert because I don't trust your old man, You and I both know that he would not be averse to sending someone to rough you up." Joss warned.

"His business is declining and he is looking for someone to blame."

"He's never been one to take responsibility but it would be hard for him to place the cause for his decline on my shoulders."

"He fucked up with Jih but now his only avenue for saving face is to make you the enemy."

"Stay away from him and from now until things are resolved, I think it would be best if you didn't accept jobs around here."

He understood Joss's concern and agreed that it wasn't worth it to antagonize his father further.

It would be better to just stand back and watch him bury himself.

"I'll do the finishing work on the fence so why don't you pack up and head on home, I'll meet you at your place later tonight."

"Thanks, I'll do that and you be careful too."

"Jiwoo isn't exactly in love with you either." Jungkook told him seriously but Joss laughed.

"He knows better than to bother me." He said and Jungkook was not sure what that meant but didn't question further.

"I'll see you tonight." He said and closed the call.

Jungkook sat back down on the bed and looked around the room.

Nothing was disturbed and if anyone had tried to enter, he would have heard them.

Still the threat sunk deep into his sense of security and had him starting to look over his shoulder.

Jeon Jiwoo had done terrible things in the past to rivals and people he viewed as enemies.

He wasn't above hiring someone to do a beat down or to damage property.

He never did the dirty work himself, always hired someone else into doing it.

He thought back to their confrontation in the parking lot of the diner.

That was his warning and it was probable that Jiwoo did try to cause him some sort of upset but obviously, he hired poorly this time around.

You get what you pay for and Jiwoo always went cheap.

He laughed at the dark direction of his thoughts.

Joss was right, it was time to leave town.

Jungkook stripped down and entered the bathroom, ready to take a shower when he caught sight of his profile in the mirror over the sink.

He just stared for a few seconds and then began to stretch and suck in and move side to side, not understanding what he was seeing.

His lower belly was slightly swollen not terribly noticeable but he could clearly see it.

He pressed it with the palm of his hand and it was firm,

not soft like you'd expect.

He was confused since he worked out regularly and just the nature of his job kept him firm and fit.

The slight belly was not there yesterday.

Staring at it for another few minutes made him decide to start working out more and to concentrate on his core.

Jungkook didn't consider himself vain but he liked a firm body and maintained good muscle definition, This little paunch was disconcerting.

He finished his shower and dressed quickly and packed, throwing his things into the bed of his truck.

Getting home to B-city felt like a good idea.

The air was getting thick and wickedness seemed to be crowding him.

He'd always had a bit of sense for evil, darkness, cruelty, what ever you want to call it and right now, that sense was telling him to leave.

Maybe it was just thinking too much about what Joss had told him or seeing his father yesterday and recognizing the hatred in his eyes.

Whatever it was, Jungkook did not intend to ignore it.

This would be the last job he took in S-city and probably the last time he came to this town.

B-city was his home now and if he was totally honest with himself, that had a little bit to do with the fact that Park Jimin lived in B-city.

He had no idea whether he stood a chance with the man or not but last weekend they had a connection that Jungkook wanted to explore further and he hoped that Jimin felt the same.

He would ask around and sooner or later, he would find him and they would talk.

He didn't care if he looked desperate or needy, he wanted more or at the very least, closure.

Yes he said it, closure that simpering word of the obsessed and lovesick.

____________________________________