XXI

Oᴍɴɪsᴄɪᴇɴᴛ

Solange was surrounded by pieces of clothing. She forgot to pick everything up last night, too tired to move.

She got up and grabbed the clothes off of her bed and placed them in a bin.

Her birthday was approaching in 2 days, she decided she wanted everyone to go out of the country with her to Cancun.

Even Zyair and Rod.

They were gonna stay there for only 5 days, Solange gets homesick very fast.

They were leaving tomorrow morning. Solange already had her bags packed. She packed a lot of revealing swimsuits, she wanted to get comfortable with her body.

She hoped that her 22nd birthday would turn out to be a happy one.

"Why I gotta sing for y'all ?" Solange raised her eyebrow, looking around the living room.

Aaliza suggested they should have a girls night. Solange, Aaliza, Nova, and Azura wore matching pajamas. Despite having a flight early tomorrow, they decided to drink, which was a bad idea considering the three of them couldn't handle their liquor.

Solange could handle her liquor very well. But she didn't drink a lot, she'd rather smoke.

"Cause you got a pretty voice !" Azura smiled.

Solange rolled her eyes, smiling slightly.

"Fine, what y'all want me to sing ?" She said as she stood up.

"Ouuu what's that song you always listen to ?" Nova quizzed.

"Right There ?" Solange asked.

Solange had the song Right There by Alina Baraz on repeat. She liked the soft melody of the song. It was addicting, it was like a broken record playing in her mind.

Solange hummed the melody of the song before she began singing.

"I get so caught up
Might have forgot us
Would you remind me?
Tell me to come back down
I got a lot, got a lot, got a lot on my mind
I know it's been a while, been a while
But I need you this time"

Unbeknownst to Solange, Aaliza pulled her phone out to record.

"I'll be in the city, I'ma need you with me
Get dressed, don't keep me waitin'
Can you be my shotgun?
Be my all time, be the right one
You ready? Let me know
I'ma need you right there
I'ma need you right there, right there with me
Right there with me, right there"

Solange finished off, earning claps from her friends.

"Why thank you." Solange smiled and did a curtsy.

Aaliza posted the video to her instagram. She loved the way Solange sounded and thought everybody should see how beautiful her friend sings. She thought Solange had enough talent to even get recognized.

After talking about nonsense, the group of girls decided to get into more serious talk. Things such as, mental health, love life, etc.

Having serious talks at girls night was very important to them. It was a way for them to understand every part of each other.

They felt as though a lot of girl friend groups lack communication. That's why those friendships never last.

(this is so true, communicate with your friends please)

"How is the family life ?" Nova asked Aaliza.

Aaliza smiled, "It's an amazing thing to have forreal y'all, especially since you don't see a lot of stability with relationships with people our age these days."

Solange smiled. She adored the family Jakaii created, she was proud to see her brother settle down.

"How are y'all's relationships though ?" Aaliza asked.

"Jayvian treats me so good, but I feel like we lack communication. Sometimes he doesn't see the wrongs in his actions. Like this one day I was sitting next to him while he was scrolling through instagram and he just so happened to tap on his ex's story."

"He told me he's blocked her but apparently not. I confronted him about it and it turned into this big argument. It hurt me so bad because this ex of his constantly degraded my body, saying "he'll never love a fat bitch like me." Azura wiped a tear that fell down her face.

Azura wasn't an insecure girl. But to have JayJay still be in some sort of contact with a girl who constantly belittled her on the internet was a slap in her face.

The girls all moved to hug Azura.

"I'll beat his ass for you, I don't care if he's my cousin or not." Solange said.

"I love my body, it took me a while to get comfortable with it, but words still hurt, and I guess he doesn't understand that." Azura said.

"Talk to him about it, if he doesn't understand after, you don't have to repeat it for him." Nova said.

"And we're not saying leave him, cus you can make that decision for yourself." Aaliza said.

"Thanks y'all, now enough about me." Azura slightly laughed.

"I don't got nothing going on in the relationship department." Nova said.

"What happened with you and Trezzy ?" Solange asked.

"We agreed a relationship not the best for us right now, so we decided on being friends." Nova shrugged.

"Well, me and Zyair decided on that too. But I have been talking to Rod, well I wouldn't call it talking because we agreed on not being with each other relationship wise. We're basically friends who have sex from time to time, but we have deep conversations too." Solange said.

"Do you feel like Rod is the better option ?" Aaliza asked.

Solange thought about it. Rod was better than Zyair in some ways. But she couldn't place her feelings for Rod yet, it was just sex.

"Maybe, but it's no telling until things actually get serious. Plus niggas are hot and cold, sweet as hell in the beginning and evil in the end."
Solange said.

A little while later the girls were tired so they decided to head off to bed.

Solange was still up thinking of the conversation that they had.

Was she really torn between people ? Or was one person the ideal person for her ?

Solange longed for someone she could melt into. She longed for a twin flame. But she didn't know who that person could be.

Is it Zyair ? Or is it Rod ?

wc:1021