XIX

Oᴍɴɪsᴄɪᴇɴᴛ

Solange softly hummed the lyrics of the song Care by Sonder, that was playing lowly from her tv. Solange gently unraveled her hair from the curling iron, gliding her hand through the hot curls, hissing slightly from the burn.

Solange decided to have a self care day, it was much needed. She had been moping around lately due to the year anniversary of her father's death.

Finishing up her last curl, she unplugged the curing iron.

She decided to not wear makeup today, she wanted to take a break from all the cakey products.

Walking out of the bathroom, she grabbed the tv remote and clicked the red button, turning the tv off.

She walked over to her full length body mirror, doing a glance over making sure she looked presentable.

Deciding she looked good, she grabbed her keys, purse, and phone and made her way downstairs and out of the house.

Solange pulled up to a very packed mall. Having to circle around the parking lot twice to find a parking spot.

Getting out the car she was immediately greeted by the very humid air.

Texas weather was very bipolar.

(ion mention the setting alot, but just know the book takes place in dallas)

Walking through the double doors of the mall, she was greeted by the cold air.

Malls be cold for no reason she thought.

She decided to go to Foot Locker first, seeing as she wanted more shoes.

Solange was very much a sneaker head, she opted to get every new Jordan shoe that came out.

Walking into Foot Locker she immediately went to the men's side, the men's side always had better shoes.

"Excuse me." Solange waved over a worker.

"Can I get these in a 5." She held up the one shoe of Black Cat 4's.

"Yea I gotchu." The walker walked away to go get the shoe.

Solange sat on the little bench, patiently waiting for the worker to come back.

"Ight, lemme know if they don't fit." The worker handed the box to Solange.

Solange smiled, "Thank you."

Sliding over her shoe, she grabbed the right shoe from the box.

Sliding it on, she felt the front of the shoe, making sure her toes weren't too far up.

She sized the shoe up.

Seeing the shoe fit perfectly, she took it off and put it back in the box.

Sliding her shoe back on, she got up and grabbed the shoe box, making her way to the front, to pay for the shoes.

After paying for her shoes, she headed out of Foot Locker and made her to Pink/Victoria's Secret.

Walking in, it was packed as usual, seeing as Valentine's Day was approaching. Every girl wanted to get a nice lingerie set to please their girlfriends or boyfriends.

Solange only came here for the smell goods, seeing as she didn't like the way their panties would always give her wedgies and rashes in between her thighs. The rashes were terrible for her, especially since she was bigger girl, her thighs always rubbed together when she walked.

After buying the products she desired, she made her way to the food court.

She analyzed the area, her heart clenched once she seen a familiar head of hair.

None other than Zyair, he was seated across from a girl Solange all too well recognized.

It was Kiomi of course.

Surprisingly Solange didn't really care. She got over the little mishap, as she would call it, all too quickly. She put all her feelings into working. Whether it was at the trap or making clothes.

Solange became more involved at the trap. Ordering around corner boys, even selling weed herself.

Sanaa, her mother, wasn't pleased to hear this. She thought Solange had stopped selling, which she did for about 3 months. Jakaii wasn't pleased either, he'd rather have her just bagging up product than selling it, or not have her in the environment at all.

Solange started back selling once she decided she wanted to open up her boutique. Though she was making profit by selling her clothes on the website, it wasn't enough to get the building she wanted.

Solange stood in the line at Auntie Anne's

Once it was her turn to order, she got the cinnamon sugar pretzel nuggets. She'd take sweet over salty any day.

Solange wasn't one to stay at the food court and eat, especially since she was by herself. She'd stay if Jakaii or Trezzy was with her.

Walking out of the mall, Solange immediately went to her car, not wanting her lace to lift due the humid weather.

Hopping in, she immediately started her car up, and made her out of the parking lot, going to her next destination.

Solange arrived at the nail salon, she needed a refill and she wanted to get her eyebrows waxed.

She made her way inside, sighing in relief that the little salon wasn't packed. If it was packed she would surely be in here for a hot minute.

Solange wanted to do a simple tapered square soapy white set, or as the girls would call it "nut nails."

The salon she was at was black and asian owned, this was her go to place, seeing as they were the only ones to get her right.

Solange was immediately sat down by her favorite nail tech, Chiaki. The name meant "sparkling light."

Solange thought the name fit her very well, seeing as she always knew how to lighten up someone's mood, she was a very happy soul.

"What you getting today Lange ?" Chiaki asked.

"Tapered square, soapy white." Solange replied.

"Always going with the simple." Chiaki laughed.

"You know me so well." Solange laughed along.

Finally making it home, Solange immediately went to her room. Setting her bags on the floor, she undressed herself and put on her robe.

She walked into the bathroom, flicking the light on. She walked over to the tub and turned the knob labeled "H" all the way to the right, while turning the one labeled "C" slightly to the right.

She'd rather a hot bath.

Walking back into her room, she walked to her dresser. She grabbed her red silk pajama set, she decided to not wear any panties tonight. She was tired of waking up with wedgies.

After her well needed bath, Solange immediately sunk into the warm sheets of her bed. She hoped for good dreams, and not the haunting ones she seemed to have a lot lately.

wc:1087

do yall prefer chapters like this or pov's ?

i think this the best chapter i wrote so far.