XIII

Sᴏʟᴀɴɢᴇ Aᴘᴏʟʟᴏ Jᴀᴍᴇs

"Bruh." I mugged Jakaii as he handed me a sleeping Lani and her bag.

I love my niece but dang, I wanna have a bad bitch day by myself.

"Just keep her for like 3 hours." Jakaii said.

I sighed, "Okay."

"Thankss." He said.

"Yea, and be careful." I pointed at him.

"I will, all love." He said and kissed my cheek.

"All love." I said.

He walked out and I closed and locked the door behind him.

I went upstairs and put Lani in her room. I made one of the guest rooms hers, since my house is practically her second home.

She's a hard sleeper just like Jakaii, so she'll probably be sleep for another hour.

Walking back downstairs I plopped down on the sofa. I was bored so I called Zyair.

"Wassup ma." He said.

"Heyy, what you doing ?" I asked.

"With the gang, we handling business right now." He said.

"Aw, okay." I said.

"Why ? What's wrong ?" He asked.

"Nothing, I just wanted you to come slide, i'm bored." I said.

"Imma slide after we done."

"Okay, y'all be safe." I sighed.

"We will."

Hanging up I tossed my phone on the sofa.

Deciding I wanted to take a nap, I grabbed my phone and my blanket and headed to Lani's room.

I didn't feel comfortable taking a nap without being near her, anything can happen.

I sat in the rocking chair and brought my legs up to my chest and threw my blanket over me, dozing off.

I woke up hearing my phone ringing and the cries of Lani. I walked over to her and picked her up. I grabbed my phone and answered.

"Hello ?"

"Yo come to the hospital Kai got shot."

(y'all ready ?😏)

Rushing into the hospital with a crying Lani on my hip, I immediately went to the front desk.

"Hi i'm here for Jakaii James." I said impatiently.

I was stuttering out of my mind due to my voice being shaky from all the crying. And Lani wouldn't stop crying herself.

It's like she knew what was going on.

"Um he's in surgery right now so you can head to the waiting room." She said politely.

"Thank you."

I walked into the waiting room seeing everybody standing and sitting around in silence.

Lani cried louder once she saw Aaliza. I immediately walked over to her and gave her Lani.

I sat in the chair that was in the corner.