XV

𝐅𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤...
(17 years ago)

"We can't keep him, how we gone hideout with a 3 month old Sanaa ?"

Jerome was caught up in some shit causing people to want his head, this wouldn't be the first time and certainly not the last.

Sanaa looked at a 4 year old Solange, who was playing with a 3 month old Jakari that was in his bouncer.

"I can't give my baby up Jerome." Sanaa said, tears welding up in her eyes.

"I don't wanna give him up either, but we have to."

"Okay." Sanaa said.

She knew who to give Jakari to. She had a patient that would come in regularly, her and husband would constantly try for a baby but it just wouldn't work out. They met up a few times due to Sanaa being a shoulder to cry on.

"Come on Solange, let's go pack our things." Sanaa got up and grabbed ahold of Solange's hand.

When everything was situated, they all got into the car. It was a silent car ride. Sanaa and Jerome, hearts heavy.

Solange oblivious to what was going on, all she knew was that Jakari was gonna stay with a "friend of mommy's" for a while.

Solange leaned her head on her brother's car seat, putting her index finger near his tiny hand, letting him grab ahold of it.

The car stopped in front of a mid sized house.

Sanaa unbuckled her seatbelt and got out of the car.

She opened the backseat door, she unbuckled Jakari's car seat and grabbed him out of the car. Jerome got out the car and grabbed Jakari from her.

Sanaa grabbed all of Jakari's belongings and headed towards the front door of the mid sized house.

Knocking on the door, it immediately opened.

"Sanna ? What's wrong ?" A very tired Donae asked.

"I know this is sudden but I need you to keep Jakari for me."

Donae looked behind Sanaa seeing Jerome holding a car seat with a sleeping baby inside.

"What's going on ?" Donae asked concerned.

"I can't tell you right now, but I need you to promise you'll take care of him, and tell him about us when the time is right." Sanaa said.

"Okay, I promise."

Jerome handed the car seat holding Jakari to Donae.

He couldn't speak, if he were to talk he would immediately break down into tears.

Sanaa handed Jakari's belongings to Donae.

She was silently crying, she hoped she wouldn't regret this.

"Take care of him please." Sanaa slightly whispered.

She leaned down to give Jakari one last peck on his forehead.

"We'll be back for you." She whispered.

𝐅𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝗼𝐯𝐞𝐫...

Sᴏʟᴀɴɢᴇ Aᴘᴏʟʟᴏ Jᴀᴍᴇs

Hearing a loud noise, I was knocked out of my thoughts.

"What the hell y'all doing up there ?" I yelled.