chapter twenty nine

Haddiyah pov

         This week has been so hectic for me. I'll wake up so early to leave aunt aisha house to ours to dress for school everyday ever since her husband death. anyways today is Friday and tommorow will be the last day I'll be  sleeping over at her house even if it's stressful I'll do it for aunt aisha she is just like a family member to us. She has been with us since we were little. I came and met her there and she didn't treat me no different like others. She is also a nice and wise woman I know it must be hard coping without her husband but still having hope that one day he'll be better but now there is no hope. He has gone to meet his creator. My everyday prayer for him is that may Allah forgive his sins, not torment him in his grave and Grant him al- jannatu firdaus.

           I picked out my black abaya that was designed with diamonds on it. Dad bought the same abaya for I and yusra for last year eid and in the next few months we will be celebrating another eid. I love eid celebration and all the varieties of different foods Being cooked, dressing up all beautiful. I just love that particular time of the year apart from my birthday it's one of the best time of the year to me. I'm not a fan of heels I only wear them to a very big event were you need to look classy and bougee. I endure the pain all through the event. Beauty is indeed pain.

         I won't be going to school today we Don't really have much going on today. It's always like that on Friday. It's not like I don't have classes I do have but I don't feel like going to school although I told Racheal I'll be coming to her house and Dylan will be meeting us over there.

         I'll call Aliyah to while away time before I go and take my bath and prepare for jumaat. I passed by Amina and she just smiled at me. I don't know it's not like I have a bad vibe about her it's just that she is so weird. She looks at me weirdly like a lost jewel and it feels weird to me and we hardly talk. I'm not beefing her for real there isn't much to say between us. I hardly know her same with her but it won't hurt to make a friend before I leave right?. Anyways it's late already maybe in the evening when I come back I'll try bringing up  conversations with her atleast get to know her and in disguise ask her why she looks at me.

         I walked to the room I and yusra was sharing and thank God my sister wasn't around I'll really love to have my privacy. part of the reason I love my home don't get me wrong I can adapt anywhere in any situation it's just that home is still home no matter what. I could remember when my home was with my real biological parents but now this is reality they were only my home for a short time and I had no choice but to adapt to it no matter what.

         I picked up my phone and dialled Aliyah. I called the first time she didn't pick. I called again but she didn't pick. I had already made up my mind that if I should call her for the third time and she doesn't pick I won't call. Maybe she doesn't feel like talking to me she has new friends or maybe she was busy but I'll still stick to the second one. When I was about to call her for the third time before I could tap the call button her call was incoming.

        " Helloooo bestieeeee" she screamed on the line. Why is she so hyper maybe it's happiness moreover she has always been the hyper one.

       " How are you Aliyah?"

       " I'm fine diyyah and you my little honey bee" I could help but chuckle.

       " I'm fine dear. how is school? how is everything over there?"

       " Baby school is nothing but fine more like frustrating and depressing. I hardly sleep"